Rules meeting

thumper

Breifly,heres what I remember about last nights meeting: Several proposals failed,they were - remove front wheel drive cars and have them race themselves,rewrite the body and chassis rules to allow aftermarket suspension pieces,racing shocks and springs to allow Pro Sedans to compete as they are in the Thunder Class,a motion to remove the carburator restrictions,and a suggestion to make fuel injected cars weigh 2400 pounds.Several proposals are under consideration and will be announced this week.They are,find a formula to allow Pro Sedans to race in Thunders with some special considerations or restrictions,add a restrictor plate to fuel injected cars to equal airflow with the carburator cars restrictions by weight,and allowing plate type cars like Rio Grande Speedway has raced for 14 years if the insurance company will OK it.A plate car is a car with a 3 point rollover bar and a 1/4 inch plate covering the door aera 12 to 14" tall past the door for driver protection in lew of a full rollcage with door bars as a minimum requirment in order to make building a Thunder car faster.All other safty requirments remain ( racing harness,door nets,fire extenguisher,etc.) Several items were clairified: steering shafts can be made instead of a stock steering colum,pedal asemblies can be from another brand of car but cannot be aftermarket,engine mounts have to be stock and not welded solid but chains can be added for safty concerns,transmittions must have all working gears and ground effects and wings are allowed within reasonsble limits to enhance appereance. There are 21 redgesterd Thunder Cars as of last nite and the first points race is April 1st.The first race is the Pro Sedan race March 11 with the late models,trucks and TAMS as support races.The next week is a special event with the Allasen Legacys and a run what you brung ministock race with full bodied cars only that pays 800 to win.The rest of that nites show is yet to be announced. The meeting closed with Dan explaining he will not tolerate vilolence or retaliation and any physical attacts on any official will result in legal prosicution.They are also working on a way to increase purses to classes with good car counts. My overview was nobody got everything they wanted,there are no major rule changes,and there are plenty of cars still ready to race at CC Motor Speedway.Im sure I forgot things,feel free to add or correct anything in this post.

Bottom line is that we want to be able to build cars easier and cheaper. We want to do things like 20 years ago. We dont give a guy that has built and been competitive with three cars the time of day. The only thing different about Lalos old car is that it has weight jacks. Hell I cant pull over and adjust em anyway. Despite all that we expect to be paid like professionals that spend money to build nice cars. No wonder they dont raise the pay-outs. As far as I remember the last people to put new cars and new drivers on the track were the Gilpins and Jesse Sandoval. The last people that brought sponsorship and fans were from Corpus. But those are the ones that got ignored. Hmmmmm

Texas Speed Zone is not a bash site. If anyone has problems they want to discuss with the track management, they should contact the track management and discuss them.

I have deleted several posts that were out and out bashes and have edited several others in this post. Let's keep things civil please.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

Someone might be a certified idiot - complete with paperwork. But if someone posts something about that person being an idiot, it's getting deleted even if it is a "fact."

Or a particular track manager might have made a ruling that someone feels is unfair, unjust and just plain stupid. That someone might beleive his/her opinion to be facts, but if they get posted and appear to be bashing the track, they will get deleted too. Just because something is seen by the poster as a fact, does not mean it's not a bash.

And if you really think about it, if someone has a disagreement with the track they should take it up with the managment of that track.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

• 1 year later...
:lol: more funny stuff.Notice how I was congratulated on winning the 2006 championship in January of that year?At least the playing field was evened up with the rules changes before the season started..Funny how the more things change the more they stay the same.Too bad theres nothing to argue over this year. :o Will I wish you were bringing out the FI cars again,its going to be less exciting without you.Maybe the air cooled cars can be fast enough to get the Ford guys all worked up again.I believe its been done before. :ph34r:

ITS EASY TO GET GB WORKED UP ..JUST ADD WIEGHT TO HIS CAR .. :D WILL HAS LEFT HIS NEON MARK AT CC HE HAS DONE IT AT STS ..AND NOW TRYEN OUT SAS AND THUNDER HILL ...HE WANTS TO BE THE FIRST NEON AT ALL THE ABOVE TRACKS .SOMETHING NOONE ELSE CAN CLAIM ...BESIDES WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GET LALO.S AND RICO.S COOKEN ..GO WILL ;go will. GO ..

Would love to see all of you come up to the DFW area and leave your mark up here. GB and a couple of others from down your way have come as for as Waco, but not any further. We have a couple of open competition races a year up here

Rules

4 cylinders and stock floor pan. :D

We had 27 cars show up for the last open competition race.

YES I WILL DRIVE THIS YEAR AT SAS AND MAYBE KYLE ..THE SEVEN CAR . AS FOR OUR CAR STATEMENT .YOU HAVE TO DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSION ......... I WORK ON IT .I AND JESSIE BUILT IT .I HAVE SPENT COUNTLESS MONEY AND HOURS THAT I HAVE INJOYED ON IT .AS WELL AS JESSIE .SO UNTILL JESSIE SELLS IT. JUNKS IT AND SO FORTH . ITS OUR CAR .. :D REGRETS NONE .....NOW WITH THAT TRACK UP NORTH . ITS PROBABLY ALOT OF FUN TO RACE .NEVER HAVE RACED PAST KYLE ... THE RULES THEY HAVE WE CANT RACE WITH THEM CAR DOES NOT MEET FLOORBOARD RULE ..OH AND ONE OTHER THING .I HAVE RACED THAT CAR AT CC .THANKS FOR ASKING

yada, yada, yada...Mike,Got a little testy, huh? LOL It's just we here about you driving but no one has seen you drive since the last time when you & Nellie decided "kiss" each other on turn 1 & 2 at CC.... :huh:

Archived