Points System

zoom

Who can explain (clearly and concisely) the Nascar Weekly racing series CPI Points system?

And for extra credit, can you explain how SAS figures out it's Heat and Main lineups?

Man, What IS that smell? :ph34r:

Zoom ,

The NASCAR CPI Points is explained in the SAS program.THey are only $2.00 at SAS on saturday night

Jim C.#2

I can not help with the CPI, but I can tell you how SAS decides its line ups.

Heats are set by a four week point avg. They take a drivers points for the past four weeks and get the avg. They are then listed from lowest to highest. After a count of cars to figure out how many cars are racing that night they are devided into heats by going down the line in order from the top. Useing a 2 heat night as an example:

Car# AVG HEAT 1 Heat 2

1 20 1 2

2 21 3 4

3 22

4 23

I hope that is understandable!

The mains are a little harder to expalin....

They take all the cars racing that night that have a 4 week average and finish in the top three or four in each heat and those are the cars that will start up front in the main, in reverse order. If there are two heats, the fourth place car from each heat will be on the front row of the feature and so on until all the top finishing cars are in place. It then reverts back to the drivers 4 week avg, only this time it is from the bottom to the top. If a driver has no avg, he starts at the rear of the field.

I hope this answers your question!! :unsure:

Thanks M'ville,

I am getting a better understanding now. The CPI is even getting a little clearer. Never read that program all the way through before. Just looked for ME in it :lol:

And to think that someone (poor soul) has to figure all this stuff in a hurry at the track on race night. They have my thanks and respect!

Jim is right. A detailed explanation on CPI covers two pages of the weekly SAS program.

Briefly, CPI is comprised of several different elements, and it's a little complex. First of all, the following factors are added together: winning percentage (divide your number of race wins by the number of race starts), top five finishes (your number of top five finishes divided by the number of available starts), car counts, and the available starts (how many starts you had out of the available starts for the track). This number is then divided by four. As you can see, starting every available race and having a good car count are important factors to a high CPI. And as expected, winning and top five placements are equally as important.

But again, I encourage you to purchase to $2 program to get a better understanding of the computations.

Speaking of the program, we're working on some enhancements. You will already see some changes this week, and we have more to come! We will be including contests, inserts, games, etc., and soon we will be adding driver profiles.

Zoom . . . who are you? If you're looking for "me" in the program, we'll see if we can fix that, assuming you're a driver?? Send me a private message, and someone will contact you soon for an interview . . . and any other drivers who are interested in getting their profiles in the program!

Debbie

Archived