Health Insurance

JamesHigdon

The CC speedway thread in the history section inspired this. First off, I’m a more or less self-employed college student, so no health insurance through work. I’ve got a policy right now that explicitly excludes auto-racing, which I would assume I could argue would cover testing, which is mostly what I do, but would not cover any kind of competition, solo or otherwise. My current policy also excludes pre-existing conditions.

I figure this board being full of racers, some of whom must be self employed, someone has found an insurance company that will for some quasi-reasonable amount ($100 to $150 a month) cover racers, and maybe even not exclude everything you’ve had in the past twenty years? I’m looking mostly towards big costs, I’m not really worried about doctors visits and the like. I don’t know if it matters, but I drive open wheeled cars, drag race some, autocross and am looking towards some circle track stuff in the near future.

On a much litter note, my insurance agent told me right after I sent him the first months payment that oh by the way they wouldn’t cover my kidneys stones, I asked him since when he quoted me originally they where going to cover it how much he was going to take off now that they weren’t, he said none, but it is standard in these situations to increase the life insurance payout by 10%, que? :lol::blink::unsure::huh::o<_<:angry: (my reaction)

Edited by FSAERacer

Try American Medical Security from Pacificare. Both my dad and myself got accepted w/ no problems. I'm not sure of a the single person cost but I can point you in the right direction. The website is www.eams.com See what that can get ya, seems to be pretty good for us.

John Kelly Jr.