dirt track in Midland?

WildRacer5

does any of your dirt guys know if there is dirt track in the Midland area. I know that Twin Cities Speedway used to be in operation as a paved track but it has shutdown to my knowledge. Or any kind of track in the area. I sorta have a job offer and like always I make my major decisions based upon the availablity of a racetrack.

Yep, Wild there is a dirt track in the Midessa area, right now it's being called Petro-Plex Speedway. 1/4 mile semi banked, can't remeber exact directions, but it's right next to an amusement/water park, or at least it was several years ago when I visited it. You can also find tracks in Abilene, Lubbock and El Paso. (approx 3-4 hours drive) There are also a couple tracks closer, but across the border in New Mexico. For more info go to whowon.com, click on the tracks link, then state(s) and voila.....all the tracks listed in each state.

decisions based upon the availablity of a racetrack.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, good one!!!!

Wild-

You might see if "Midessa Speedway" is open this year. Not real far from where Twin Cities was, a little bit north of it.

If that ain't open, You probably have to go to Lubbock or Abilene.

Check this site out: www.chasinracin.com and go to the links page, You can find a name and phone number for all known tracks, as well as websites if available.

Rebel might have more info on tracks out there.

Thanks fellas, I try those links.

Hey Reb - Whats so funny about making major decisions based upon the availability of racing in an area. The new job offer might include a raise which could give me enough money to race, so I'm still trying to keep all my options open.

I don't see Wildracer keeping racing in mind when looking at a job as a problem. In 1993, I had to relocate from Fort Worth as the Air Base I was stationed at was closing. When I got my choices on where I could go, imagine my reaction when Ft Walton Beach, Florida was one. About 40 minutes from Pensacola. I jumped all over that one, had the assignment, went down and bought a house, a month later they cancelled the assignment due to a manning issue and sent me to a garden spot called Spokane, Washington. (anyone on this board from there can accept my apologies for my opinion of Spokane)

Needless to say, I was some kind of pissed. Got out of there as soon as I could.

Any job I look at will have the local racing as a factor on if I take it. Fortunately, I'm in a pretty good situation where I can be picky.

Archived