HMP Dragstrip Accident

lendo38

another tragic accident. it sucks for the family and friends. there is a lot of shituff being talked on that forum. it is sad but does no good to pass blame. i will be at HMP in two weeks and if i win any money i will donate it to the family.

As much as I could add more to this post it wouldnt be the appropriate time to air my thoughts. I hope more info on what happened and the such will come out so all sides of the story come out. The drivers family and thier loss should be the most important thing at this time and for them I pray for the best it this tough situation...

Marc Roy

I hear you Nick-cars are getting quicker and quicker,I deal with issues weekly where cars run in the 12's,hi 11's and everythings cool,then they throw the dope to it and run a 10 sec pass.I'm on the radio notifying down the line the car# and model of car to have a talk with them about whats going to be in that car before they dope it again.I spend alot of time on forums where alot of my street racers are members just keeping up with what they are doing with their cars and adding in turbo's,n2o,and blowers to go fast so I can tell them the safety issues that are involved with their modifications to try to head it off at the pass.Alot of them just want to go faster,not realizing,the quicker and faster they go,there are safety requirements that go along with it.And as usual its the last thing they think about.Some of them say I'm the Bad Guy,thats fine,it's part of the job,I just want them to have fun,be safe and return another day.

Nick,

All things aside, just be glad you dont have to monitor that site. They are foaming at the mouth from the top to the bottom of that site.

That site makes me thankful for a monitored site like TXSZ!!!!!

My reguards to the Edmond Thorne family.

Tommy,

It amazes me the number of people-drag racers, street tuners, etc, who will spend thousands of dollars on N20, turbos, everything that will make them faster, yet they will scream and hollar and cry if you try to make them do the cheapest and easiest mods they can make, like a roll cage and a collapsing steering wheel.

This crash reminds me of the guy who died at Alamo a few years ago, fast, fast nitrous car, no cage, no fire extinguisher, wasn't even wearing a fire suit.

having heard any specifics-looking at pics from the day of race hours before the accident of the vehicle in ?,I dont see a cage.I had some friends that were there,but they said they left the races when it happened,and all they had to say was, "it got out from under him and it hit in the wrong spot".

I agree with you guys about the other site. It is really terrible how ugly they are to one another. And to think that they all share the same passion or at least interest in racing. They should embrace one another, not treat each other that way.