350 or 500

trimreaper

Both will work on the 2300, the 500 you usually have to put restrictors in the accelllerator pump passages in the metering block,Racer Walsh sells these,or put the 50cc accell. pump on due to the initial charge being too much without a bog. Put a 35 power valve on also,jets depend on valve size and how big a cam you are running. If you are running a lessor engine,a 350 with your weight break at CC would be the way to go.

I have ran both and down here in cc with the heat the way it is the 500 is just to much. I run a 350 cfm i ordered out of Day Motorsports for 300 bucks and bought a spring loaded needle and seat valve kit form Esslinger and i run a #35 power valve with 72 jets and i hit a 16.33 on street tires. The 350 will out perform the 500 on the 2.3 anyday around here. Trust me i know pretty much everything you need to know abou the ford 2.3. If need anything let me know.

350 500 depends on your head your compression cam valve size

timing gearing handling tiresize how your

drivingstyle is how hot your motor runs i myself prefer 500

tried

350 500 had better luck with 500 22years of thunder

racing good luck this year guys mike mccain

by tke way over the years i have seen drivers come and go . good .bad .there some drivers who or just learning .i

have always helped in any way i could to get them arounld the track better. does not mean to win always .so if you can help a driver out wether you like him or her does not matter much. sooner or later it pays off. put it this way if a driver is always in the way instead of being mad cuz tkey are all over the track help them out alittle it payed off in time

Well i perfer the 350 it would be a wise choice.I have an esslinger head, the lightest pistons rod ect. lookin around 13:5.1 compression and my car just hated the 500 and that was a stage 3 500 from esslinger. Went from 16.7/6s with a 500 then down to 16.4/3s with the 350. Your dession not mine.

(Crewcheif21,73)

For a full on Esslinger ARCA head, high compression, 9000 RPM monster motor on a 1/2 mile track - run the 500. For everything else, run the 350.. When tuned right, the 350 will pull off the corner better than a 500 and just as strong down the straight. On a 1/2 mile track you might give up some on the top end but for most folks, it won't be measurable. BTW, where are you running with 15" tires on asphalt and why?? 13s will be less unsprung weight and less rotating mass. If the gearing is right 13s will run better than 15s any day.

Archived