Gary Banks Flip

racevw112

Randy, I have some photos of the 4 cylinders at PAS. It may take a few days to locate them, but I will post what I can find.

My collection of old PAS, TWS and SAS photos is in boxes in no particular order, so it takes a while to find things sometimes. One of these days I wll sort all of them out and get more of them online.

Craig

• 3 months later...

in case anyone is interested in looking at some old pictures of some really great racecars from the past look up "miss-chicken"on yahoo , it sounds funny but its a web site from the southeast part of the country when you get on the sight click on" miss. history" then on" cars " it is worth a look , enjoy! B)

• 1 year later...
I have located another photo of the crash. The back of the photo is dated "April 1976." It is enhanced somewhat to bring out the details, as was the first photo of the fire. I believe the #91 is Pete Wright.

I was in the stands that night, and I remember seeing a small fire moving toward the car in a stream of fuel behind the Mazda. It reached the car, and that little flame became a huge fire.

banks1.jpg

I have one other photo of the Mazda after the crash. It is buried in my collection somewhere, and I will post it when I find it.

Craig - here's a photo I found of Gary at Paramount Austin Speedway. Looks like he had a little too much horsepower in that Mazda of his to negotiate the tight, flat corners there at that track. Picture was taken in the early to mid 70's.

post-4758-1186022860_thumb.jpg

Archived