Let's keep things positive and respectful, please.

NickHolt

Texas Speed Zone is not about personal attacks, slams and bashes. Never has been.

But not matter how hard we try to keep things positive and centered on issues rather than personalities, calls, officials, owners, promoters, etc., things always seem to slip back into some sort of negative name calling, backbiting, etc.

I just got off the phone with the owner of the site who is mighty upset with some of the posts in (a now deleted) thread and others. He will be coming out with a "state of the union" statement early next week about the TXSZ forums.

The owner of this site sees it as a marketing tool for racers, tracks, series and people involved in racing rather than a spot for folks to put others down, etc. He would like to keep the TXSZ forums open for all of us to have helpful, positive, polite conversations about racing and to keep each other up to date on what's going on in the Texas Racing community. But I get the distinct impression that he's not going to be putting up with the negative element that post on here much longer.

Look at it this way. If you sent your sponsor to TXSZ to get a feel for what racing is all about in Texas would you be proud to have him/her see some of the stuff that some people post here?

Nick Holt

As I have spoken to the new owners/managers of this site about the current state of TSZ let me clarify something. I no longer have any ownership in TSZ. USRA/Terry Dickerson is the owner of this site. I have a non-compete clause so don't be expecting a new site from me "that is in direct competition to TSZ" for a LONG WHILE. By then we will be using some new technology and people will be saying “Hey what’s a computer?” I wouldn't really want do another one anyways. Not enough free time as I am extremly busy with "other projects".

You cannot censor everything you don't agree with. What made TSZ so great was people could come here and discuss topics whether they were positive or negative about anything related to racing. As long as they didn’t directly slander or bash someone using profanity it stayed up. Promoters, owners, etc could not control the content of the message forums. Unfortunately those days are gone. This site is now used as a PR tool and I never envisioned it to end up like that.

Four years ago some 16 year old kid with a HUGE passion for racing started this thing. It actually got going by accident because Kathy found it as it was still being worked on. TSZ originally gained its audience from the old SA360.com sites. That place could get pretty ugly at times. Thanks to the work of Nick Holt this site stayed clean for 4 years. In those 4 years Mr. Holt received no compensation. He did it for his love of racing and I have to thank him for all the help.

Hopefully TSZ will stay a success and I wish the new owners well. There are no ill feelings whatsoever as the Dickerson family has been extremely good to me throughout the last year. I was and still am burned out on all this internet stuff and could not give this site the time and effort needed to make it a success. Terry came in and bailed me out. I have heard about the things they are trying to do to make this site bigger and I wish them luck with it. I may not agree with everything that goes on or how things are done but I still have a huge amount of respect for Terry and Nick.

TSZ has had a hardcore audience for 4 years. These guys supported this thing from the beginning and I believe they should some way have a say in the way this site is headed and be consulted ASAP. All it takes is some punk 16 year old kid with a HUGE passion for racing to start one of these.

Thanks for reading,

Jason

I personally believe that TSZ provides a service of communication between drivers,tracks,promoters and intrested parties.I do believe its over censored but when I look at Who Won,especially the Mcallen modified racers and their trash talk,I guess theres a reason.If the purpose of TSZ is advertizing,it must be squeeky clean to attract customers.I wish there could be a section to air complaints against tracks or teams so a resolution could be reached.Hiding problems does not make them go away.I believe complaints could be voiced tastefully and many issues could be resolved by communication.Too much sugar causes diabetes.Controversy breeds intrest.But if I knew anything,I wouldnt be living in the Rio Grande Valley.JMO Thumper

Jason has never really received the credit he deserves for putting this thing together and sticking with it. The guy is amazing. You can't believe how complex this big old TXSZ is and how much energy, knowledge and resources it takes to keep it running smoothly. My hat's off to you Jason!

For my part, I simply try to enforce the standards expected by the site owners. Jason and I saw pretty much eye-to-eye while he owned it (oh we had occasional disagreements), but nothing ever stays the same forever and Terry is taking the site in a slightly different direction. As most of you know, he is a salesman's salesman and would like the site to reflect a more positive slant on Texas racing than before.

Does this mean the forums are dead? No, I believe he sees the value of have a well-moderated place for the racing community to share ideas, stay on top of things, get weather reports, discuss topics of interest, seek advice, sell racing equipment and cars, etc. But I am certain that he will no longer tolerate people using the forums to put others down, attack fellow members, other drivers, track officials, sponsors, etc. It's going to stop.

Got a problem with the track management? Don't care for the way a particular series is run? Take it up with them. Haven't been paid? Take it up with whoever owes you the money. Don't like a call by a race official? Talk to the people making the call. Think another driver is driving dirty? Another driver is a terrible driver? Take it up with them... don't bring it up on TXSZ.

Nick Holt

USRA/Terry Dickerson is the owner of this site.

When you live out on the info fringe, you miss some things. I thought that Larry Latham was the owner

Oh well.

The IMCA website used to have a forum but everytime somebody thought they made a bad decision on something, IMCA would end up getting roasted on it.

They shut it down and now the site is just an outbound info site. I'd hate to see that happen with TSZ but there are existing alternatives if "recreational bitching" is non grata here.

In America, if you pay the bills, you can run your site as you see fit. Nothing wrong with that.

JMO

Jay

I thought that Larry Latham was the owner

Oh well

speaking of -racer X wanted to let you guys all know he is doing fine.he is in balize feeding the hungry......seems the italian resturant in indonesia did'nt go over as well as he expected. he is however debating on going back and taking with him his new pattented bird flu pandemic nose spray....it seems he has devuldged himself in the start of a harem and just can't find the time to break away and wish everyone a merry ____________ (insert your own , after all this is america ,founded under god and ruled by those with different gods than that you choose).............larry is thinking of of the next business venture which could quite possibly land him in amsterdam in the next few weeks saling his new line of hemp purses.....larry says " IT'S IN THE BAG "......preach on racerX , we'll see you soon....

ps- larry says he would have let the thread stay?

I find this site very informational. I don't agree with everything posted here, but it does give a propective of what the racers and the fans are thinking good or bad.I would think that T.D. would be wanting to know about both.

I agree that track/series owners/promoters want and need input, both negative and positive.

However, Texas Speed Zone is not longer an acceptable way to provide the negative input. All anyone with negative comments has to is contact the people involved directly.

Nick Holt

However, Texas Speed Zone is not longer an acceptable way to provide the negative input. All anyone with negative comments has to is contact the people involved directly.

That will be this site's downfall. In my opinion this site becoming a sweep everthing under the rug PR tool and this will do more harm to racing in this area than good. GB has a good explanation. Talking to Terry about things I didn't think he wanted it this extreme. He does have some good ideas about expanding this thing though and hope he achieves it.

I thought that Larry Latham was the owner

Oh well

speaking of -racer X wanted to let you guys all know he is doing fine.he is in balize feeding the hungry......seems the italian resturant in indonesia did'nt go over as well as he expected. he is however debating on going back and taking with him his new pattented bird flu pandemic nose spray....it seems he has devuldged himself in the start of a harem and just can't find the time to break away and wish everyone a merry ____________ (insert your own , after all this is america ,founded under god and ruled by those with different gods than that you choose).............larry is thinking of of the next business venture which could quite possibly land him in amsterdam in the next few weeks saling his new line of hemp purses.....larry says " IT'S IN THE BAG "......preach on racerX , we'll see you soon....

ps- larry says he would have let the thread stay?

:lol::lol::lol:

Crazyhorse, I've gotta get me some of whatever you're takin'. You definately keep TXSZ "fun" to keep up with.

That's right let's stay positive this is suppose to be afun sport and hobby so let's have fun and talked about the great things to come in 2006 racing in the south texas area dirt and asphalt both. All Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New year and hope you get some of the parts you want from Santa . Our at least spend the time with your family.

This is good news...maybe more of us lost TSZ soles can post on here a little more often without getting bashed for anything said that doesn't "set right" with everyone.I've noticed that most bashing starts with someone not thoroughly reading what someone else has written,and then taking it out of context.I to,do feel like Nick and all of the TSZ staff have done a good job of regulating this forum but,like Nick says,it's impossible to stop it all.This is still the best place to find info on racing in Texas,even for the non-poster.

Thanks for the hard works guys.

Well I for one enjoy TXSZ. I don't enjoy getting blasted for like turbo says, because people don't always read everything in the whole. I also don't enjoy getting the PM's that I get from a certain someone who has not particpated in this dicussion just yet.

Edited by uhcougs

I belive in balanced.. maybe we can meet TD in the middle... instead of bashing... lets use the negitive constructivly....

Here is a example...

Bashing: I can't believe that the **BLEEP** official sent **BLEEP's** A** to the back... What a bone head...

Constructive: Should a driver be sent to the rear if it wasn't clear that they were involved?

Nick.. thoughts??

Gunnar,

Thats a good trick, I should teach the Dog to type... That way I could blame him causing all the trouble... In all seriousness, it's been quiet lately...

(on edit:) Almost forgot! Merry Christmas Mazdaboy.....(aka racerx, aka "trouble")

Edited by KISS_Racing

tsz is a useful tool for local racing, and a way for racers from different tracks to keep in touch.......i do agree that the bashing was pretty bad for a while and has gotten a lot better (thanks nick), but to do away with constructive critism or views that differ from the promoter or track owners presented in a professional and respectful manner would not be a good thing

Chuckie,

How you been... Merry Chrisymas, how about some hockey one of these days...

Mark,

You got it bro...sometime after the end of January should work...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, bro..be safe... ;):D

You got it bro...sometime after the end of January should work...

The San Antonio Diablos play the Dallas Titans on

Jan 21 @ 7:35 pm

Jan22 @ 1:35 pm

and

Jan 28 @ 7:35 pm

Jan 29 @ 1:35 pm

Come out and see the best hockey in South Texas! The Diablos just beat the previously undeafeated Pheonix Polar Bears this last Saturday. People are trying to remember the last time Pheonix got beat in the regular season, it was YEARS ago.

Coach Converse has the boys playing real good. The games against Dallas are usually real close games.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

The Voice of the San Antonio Diablos