CC Motor Speedway in 06

Speedster41

I know one thing from what it looks like CCMS is going to lose a bunch of cars to the DIRT track. I know of atleast 6-8 Superstreet cars and Purestocks that are going to dirt and alot of TT cars seem to be doing the same thing. Just have to wait and see !!!!!! The first time the dirt track opened it really hurt car count at CC[edited out by Nick Holt, 12/21/05]

:D I sure hope CC Motor Speedway will race next year.Doc and Donna and all the people behind the scenes has worked very hard to give us a good place to race and good money to race for.I dont know what people are talking about when they complain about how things go at CC,the only problems I saw were from the drivers themselves.Blaming each other for wrecks and spinouts when the real deal was the level of diffulicity that racing at this track has.The track was built for midgets so theres not a lot of room to work.Watch the traveling classes and you see the fast cars start in front and very little passing is done.The Super Streets invert starts and have to muscle very heavy cars on limited traction tires around traffic to gain positions.The street stocks do the same but with little horsepower so they cant back off.Thunder Cars can race 3 wide but even they crash sometimes.I guess what Im saying is it takes a really good driver to have success at the "Bullring".And a good car and good luck.Many drivers will have better luck on dirt because dirt is more forgiving and theres more room to make mistakes. If I ran CC,I would try to get the big cars more raceable.Better tires and a greatly reduced weight like 2800#s on Super Streets.Maybe 4 BBLs on the street stocks.JMO. In any case I want to thank CC Motor Speedway and Doc in paticular for all they have done for us and am looking foreward to even better things to come.With 2 different tracks to choose from,its like McDonalds and Whataburger on the same block,the popularity of hamburgers goes way up.At a time when many cities are loosing their tracks,Corpus will have 2.How lucky you Corpus people are indeed.Now its time to add exciting things to the overall show.Live music,girls,games,carnival atmosphere.More Thunder Cars. Thumper :D:lol::P:o:)

The two tracks are only 3 or 4 miles apart. Mabey they could share the thunder class. Why not race them both in the same night? One week thunder feature is first at ccms, last at sts. The next week the opposite. The thunders would only run a feature race at each track. GB, are you in for that? Twice as much racing twice as much fun. Todd, BJ, Rick,Carl, Jimmy, Pete, Josh, Chip, Pappy, Frankie,Timmy,Rocky,Lolo,Bubba,Johny,Nellie,Joe,Darrell.,Jesse Jr,Ronald,James Jr,EJ,Lisa,Gage,Brandon, and on, would yall be up for that? sorry if I missed anybody there are lot of thunder drivers. Neon Will

well i have a name to throw into the hat . what about Crash Carlock. i hear he did a pretty good job running the dirt track last time it opened . and his family has a long back ground in racing . cause if ccms is going to go up against the dirt track you dont need someone who is going to make a lot of mistakes . but ive ran dirt and payment and i liked payment better but ccms will have to kick up the purses. and give the drivers more breaks to keep the car count up.

I wouldn't mind running dirt, but I would rather run asphalt. If the CCMotorSpeedway has trouble next year, all we have to do is go run Pro Sedans. I hope the speedway opens next year and the car count is good. The dirt track will fold in about year or less. Its a known fact that it won't survive, but I hope it does and good luck to Owen and his crew.

I think I smell smoke!Yes,it is,there are bridges burning.CC has an announcement on the webpage.Some things are changing now.Actually the real competetion is going to be with us racers and how we create entertainment to lure the fans and their money while giving them something to come back for.Its time to but SHOW in The Show.We should be talking about things we can do to make our show more intresting.Invite more clubs to show their rides at halftime etc,have 2 announcers keeping all the stories of the racers going,taped interviews to play,special guests when available,live music,thrill show,hot dog races,train races,bekinie contests,figure 8,on and on.Anybody have show ideas?Come on people,we are showbusiness.Something for the whole family.How bout Quad races?Karts?fireworks?Which track will be more fun?It depends on us. Thumper

I think I smell smoke!Yes,it is,there are bridges burning.CC has an announcement on the webpage.Some things are changing now.Actually the real competetion is going to be with us racers and how we create entertainment to lure the fans and their money while giving them something to come back for.Its time to but SHOW in The Show.We should be talking about things we can do to make our show more intresting.Invite more clubs to show their rides at halftime etc,have 2 announcers keeping all the stories of the racers going,taped interviews to play,special guests when available,live music,thrill show,hot dog races,train races,bekinie contests,figure 8,on and on.Anybody have show ideas?Come on people,we are showbusiness.Something for the whole family.How bout Quad races?Karts?fireworks?Which track will be more fun?It depends on us. Thumper

Thank you GB,finnaly someone brings up kart racing besides me,there are a bunch of us oval track kart racers here in the corpus area,and i think we could add to the entertainment value of one or both tracks. we rub fenders with the best of them,we just need a permanrnt place to run.

Just checked out CCMS website... there are several things I find very interesting. "all payout in cash for '06" [edited out by Nick Holt, 12/21/05]. "found the need for new management" good luck Doc they dont come better than Owen! "Favoratism" I certainly hope they can find a group of people capable of making those calls, it's not as easy as it looks.

I have yet to figure out where the favoritism was ... oh maybe it was sending the 15 and 8 cars to the back the most, or maybe it was the 88 car winning the championship.. oops he didnt get first now did he? Huh, where was that favortism when these guys needed it. There wasn't any, Owen and his crew did the best job they could, even making calls they didn't like. Maybe the "new management" will do better, hopefully they wont end up with their face in the "DIRT".

Outside,now is the perfect time to bring your program to the tracks and petition for a regular class.You must have a plan and work out what you need for a track.Rio Grande Speedway has been running Karts for some time now,they run first and halftime.The Quads ran for a while but did not make themselves a safe track and hurt a rider so that was that. A s turn at the end of the backstraight would have prevented that.I think CC Speedway would be easies to have it,but thats just my opinion.Make both meetings with a program and see how it goes.Its no different than starting a Thunder Car class.The tracks will be looking to compete so now is the time for any group to add to the show.Just dont expect the track to know what you need,just show them what you have to offer.Hope it works out for you. Thumper

Outside,now is the perfect time to bring your program to the tracks and petition for a regular class.You must have a plan and work out what you need for a track.Rio Grande Speedway has been running Karts for some time now,they run first and halftime.The Quads ran for a while but did not make themselves a safe track and hurt a rider so that was that. A s turn at the end of the backstraight would have prevented that.I think CC Speedway would be easies to have it,but thats just my opinion.Make both meetings with a program and see how it goes.Its no different than starting a Thunder Car class.The tracks will be looking to compete so now is the time for any group to add to the show.Just dont expect the track to know what you need,just show them what you have to offer.Hope it works out for you. Thumper

thanks for the advice gb,i plan on makin a meeting and talkin with Greg godfrey,i dont think we could safely run the 1/4 mile oval.What i have in mind is a tenth mile oval,using the 1/4mile front stretch and the front stretch part of the infield for the rest of the track,though im not sure if it would be possible to lay any new ashphalt for the in field part, but who knows.thanks a gain.J

Archived