Thunderhill Raceway's Revised Spectacular Schedule

debwill

THR & TSRS Drivers, Teams, Staff, Officials, Fans and Media,

We’ve just surveyed the track and infield, and we’ve decided to postpone all of today’s qualifying and race events. Quite a bit of water is currently standing in the apron between Turns 3 & 4.

We have decided to schedule all events, including qualifying, on Saturday, October 10. Shown below is a detailed Schedule of Events for tomorrow’s Texas Stock Car Spectacular.

The basic schedule shows that we will open the pit gates early in the morning – at 9:00 a.m. All drivers must check in at the garage office by 12:00 p.m. (noon). We’ve scheduled a Drivers’ Meeting for all classes at 2:15 p.m. Qualifying for all series classes will begin 3:15 p.m. The THR local classes will not qualify and will be lined up by inverted point averages. Opening ceremonies and feature races are scheduled for 5:00 p.m.

Since it looks like the weather will clear up later this afternoon, it’s our goal to get the track ready for an open practice session this evening. As soon as the rain stops, we’ll starting pumping out the water from the infield. We’ll be sending out additional information about the practice times when we have a better idea of when the track can be ready. We’re also planning to turn on the lights after dark so that we can keep practice going later than normal.

If you decide to stay in San Marcos tonight, the Motel 6 has some reasonable rates and plenty of rooms available. For more information, you can contact them at 512-396-8705 or visit the Motel 6 website at motel6

We ask that you continue to be flexible as we work through these weather-related issues.

post-29-1255105137.jpg

To download and print schedule, click on the following PDF link: THR2009SpectacularScheduleRainout.pdf

The open practice is still on for tonight. We're pumping the turns and drying the track now. We hope to be ready for practice somewhere around 4:30P-5:00P. We are planning to turn on the lights at no extra charge tonight (probably finish up around 10P).

I drove through the pits around 5:30 and the car counts looked really good already, tomorrow that place will be busting at the seems, and saw H.E. going around with a pumper truck sucking up water puddles, looks like the THR will stop at nothing to get this weekend through ;) good job guys can't wait for tomorrow..........................

I think THR will be THE place to be tomorrow. The THR staff, Mary Ann, H.E., and everyone else should be commended. They have been busting their tails all week and probably longer to get the place looking good. Craig Sellman had 2 sump trucks pumping water out of the infield and pits today. Great job to everyone involved.

i was at thr last night and it looked great!! car count was already up there and growing (at last count, there were already 10 sport-mods parked and ready to go!! and i still expect a few more to arrive today!), and practice looked almost like heat laps! ;) the attitudes among drivers, teams & staff was anxious, positive and happy...and, i think last night was the most fun practice i've seen yet!! kudos to maryann, deb & the whole thr gang for working so hard to keep everything already moving smoothly!! y'all are awesome!!

it was great to see so many cars there early last night and i can't wait for tonight!!

good luck to everyone and have a great time!!!

see y'all at the races!

Archived