I-37 Speedway updates 4/24/21

rebelracewriter

1 hour ago, NickHolt said:

King237,

Back in the day before big money took over NASCAR, there was plenty of sharing taking place - much like short track racing today. 

But I doubt very seriously that parts and accurate advice are shared between the various teams in today's money-driven NASCAR.  In fact, when a key (read, knowledgeable) team member leaves a team, they almost always have to sign a non-compete agreement preventing them from working with , or sharing information with,  competing teams.

Parts and electronic data are guarded like Fort Knox.  And in the garage area, prying eyes are shooed away with many teams putting up barriers when working around "sensitive" areas of the car. 

The only exceptions are for big organizations with multiple teams competing from the same shop. Even then, there have been numerous instances where the team receiving parts or info from stablemates have claimed inferior parts or erroneous information were provided. 

Imagine that!

HAD A COUPLE OF TEAM MATES IN A FOUR CAR TEAM .. i built three cars the same way as close as you can get them .. set them up just like my car  we had the same motors i built them .. and the other two kept telling me i didnt give them what i have and funny they helped with everything .. so one of them kept it up till i told him you race my car next week and ill race yours .i smoked him that night racing his car .that shut him up ..he went no faster in my car ... just never know what goes 0n behind closed doors with nascar teams ..  its known a new driver will get the try this new stuff ..