Kenny Schrader interview RUSS

RodneyRodriguez

Heck of a show ..old guys ….I can relate with a lot of this show, OK, all of it .I remember the days late 60s early 70s mainly .here if you ran dirt don't show up at cc speedway course that did not work out terry and many others here ran both Friday dirt Saturday cc .. I being a big cc speedway fan grew up with the thought dirt driving was really for the farmers and they had  no right to race pavement ..well  I wanted to race and cc was closed down that year .so I showed up at riverside speedway and said forgive me great racing lord for sinning .but I have racing sickness and need medicine …. I learned the few times I race there that you can learn a lot from driving the dirt that helped out at cc .. and forever changed me or screwed me up ..I told my team mate years ago and my son .you need to race dirt sometimes  to learn how to race pavement ..now we race dirt and am having a lot of fun and come to think of it more than we did on pavement I was ready three years ago to hang racing up ..playing with this dirt deal has made me work harder at car set ups  and still having issues with it after so many years at the other track .the driver is still learning . my son is still learning and does a very good job at it .I am still learning and always will ..I don't always like change  I think it is harder on us that grew up long ago  but hell I try ……..GREAT SHOW GUYS ..

Archived