Looking for some info

Josh42

We sold all of our sprint car stuff and we are looking into getting into another racing venture.  We are wanting to race close to Austin as we are somewhat tired of having to drive 3 to 4 hours one way to race.  So a couple things we are looking at possibly running would be: 600 Mini Sprint, Dwarf Car, or Sport Mod. 

I know this is an oxymoron when it comes to racing but what is the cost effectiveness of the sport mods? 

What is the shock rules for this class? Do you have to spend $5,000 on shocks to be competitive?

I have raced dwarfs and know those were always fun and somewhat pretty cost effective and I know they race Waco, CBS, and I-37. Which is the better route to go air cooled or water cooled?  Does everyone still get paid the same like they used to with the old TDCA days?

Any info would be appreciated.

I can only speak of the locations but both CBS and HoT are IMCA tracks, I37 and STS use mostly IMCA rules with very few exceptions for big money races. I would start with looking up IMCA Southern Sport Mod rules. Think you can be competitive with a more cost efficient shock packages, maybe around $1000. Some guys may have been successful with less.

As for the Dwarfs, they are a traveling series. DCRST runs CBS, I37, STS, maybe TRP, and HMP on asphalt. The group that runs Waco is part of the Lone Star Dwarf Car Series and runs the Dallas area tracks with HoT.

Cant beat the Dwarfs all the way around.  Tires are inexpensive and usually you can run for a few years. Fuel is usually 5 gallons from the gas station. For sure Water cooled is the way to go. 

Looks like there should be a bunch of races next year on Asphalt and dirt.  You can run the same car on dirt and asphalt with minor changes.

Yes everybody gets paid the same amount for each race.

Archived