Watkins Glen

arob

Gonna beat toyotatim to this one. Watkins Glen has always been one of the best races on the schedule. This one was a damn good one. Actually watched 60% of this one and it held my attention. As toyotatim has said the racing has been better this year. Still has a way to go but the on track product is better. Most of us have been saying France Jr. has been most of the problem. With his current legal problems he may be out of the picture.It seems the NASCAR on track product is trending the right way. It may be as simple as taking a few races from the 1 1/2 mile snoozefest tracks that have two dates and give one of those dates to short/dirt tracks. Back to the roots.Anyway just had to say Watkins Glen gets a A+ from me.

Honestly, I hadn’t watched any NASCAR since the 600 in May other than a few laps here and there.  I had no intention of watching Watkins Glen either, but I found myself on the couch Sunday not feeling all that great, so I watched the last 30 laps or so. It was a good race, and I’m not really a fan of the road courses.

I thought Elliott was going to choke it away going into one, but he saved it by popping it out of gear.  I read where someone (a bigger name) wheel hopped going into 1 on Saturday and spun.  Kudos to Elliott for not spinning it out.

I wish Truex had been able to get to the end, even if it didn’t change the outcome.

But yes, it was a good race.

Archived