Sign in to follow this  
Slowpoke

construction activity at the track

I just got off the phone with Bill Lay's son (Bill Jr. aka BJ) who has been one of my best friends for years. In this conversation, he told me that the spectator entrance has been packed and leveled, and that he saw men in hi-vis clothing and hard hats standing on one of the turns holding clipboards and pointing off into the distance.

Does anybody know what's in the works for the old lady?

Someone needs to take a trip out there and find out what's going on!  This is a surprise to me for sure....

I was by there yesterday morning about 9:30 and it looked bad. Grass growing tall in the track and around and bushes coming up though the stands. But it didn't look like anything was done or being done. 

I had talked to the owner in July and at the time nothing was going on. The buyer I was working with lost his home in a recent disaster so I know it's not him but the owners are open to buyers/lessors and have said (to me at-least) they wanted to keep it a racetrack so we will see.

Let me add that there was mention in July of another potential buyer that was considering an offer to keep the track a racing facility; at the time I didn't give it much thought but that was the only mention of other interest in the property I got.

Edited by FSAERacer

I passed by the track yesterday, the weeds at pit entrance was shredded and a bunch of big utility trucks were parked inside the track on the back straight away couldn't make out the logos on the trucks .

It looks like the property is being used for a staging area, but the work doesn't appear to be related to the track itself. Possibly power lines, or something like that. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong though. Lol.