Another great night of racing! (June 10th)

arob

The gift that keeps on giving to race fans are all the racers at South Texas Speedway! One of the very best in the South , Steven Whiteaker Jr. , once again put on a driving show. The two "kids" , Castenada and Carlucci gave Sean Ward all he could handle in the Pure Stocks. And the E-Mods continue to improve and put on quite a race and finish. But the BIG tip of the hat goes to whoever got the track , pits and parking lot race night ready. Usually after the rains we had over the weekend and Monday the races would had been cancelled by Wed morning. So I know a lot of work was done to pull this off. THANK YOU to who put in the work.

went out in jesses car after the races ..I found out something I need to either stay out of the car or practice practice and then more practice and then go have a very very long talk with myself to see if I need more or give up /lol ...... gotta give it to all drivers ..heck I could not even run up front in jesses car against the slowest car in the bombers ...that track has its own demons you must concur ...

HOW BOUT THOSE LIMITEDS going fishing on their first lap ...not a good way to wash the mud off when the driver gets his rear end washed at the same time 4 wide did not pan out ...

where did the skeeters go did anyone have to use skeeter spray did the track spray I never got a bite all night guess sheeters are not racing fans I know its a fact that skeeters don't really take to me like they do to others I am bullet proof or I have rotten blood and only skeeters that want to commit suicide or want too show off their toughness to their friends take a chance ...... if they were not biting then I say .RACETRACK take the credit anyway ..

GREAT strategy on your part ken did you all sit down with the drivers and figure out they needed to sneak in on the back side of the turns knowing those skeeters were waiting for the command to launch after the drivers entered those turns ..good idea now I wonder how many the 17 and 31 drivers swallowed ...kudos to whom ever wants the credit for getting the speedway dry enough to race .

I am just glad and thankful those cars that reached the turn 3 pond had no serious problems and were able to continue. It sure was fun to watch. Even made the 10 o'clock news.

Ted worked really hard pumping the track out. He does so much behind the scenes. We would not be racing if it was not for him.

The other crew that is helping out is the STS committee. People don't realize how much they help. I frankly get tired of dealing with problems all day long and they help take some of the load off.

While I am thinking people you can't leave out the fire crew, Kevin, Debbie, the ambulance crew has been used many times this year, Marcia and the concession and gate people. It takes a team and we have a pretty good one. Also Kelli and Tracy Collier helping with preparing the Go-kart track etc. Thank you all again and again....

Also one more. Most importantly. I must thank my wife. When we married I was not even around racing. Since our marriage I have spent many dollars on many cars an parts. Then I told her I was buying a race track. She was against it, However she jumped right in and works hard behind the scenes. She supports me 100%. I would be lost without her. Thank you JoAnn.

Ken Hobbs

Thank you to all involved, It was a great night of racing. Hi Tech, no skeeters where we were in the stands I think the breeze had alot to do with it. As soon as the LLM's went 4 wide I think we all knew that wasn't going to work, but the splash landing was spectacular! lol

Archived