Reutzel Back on Track for ASCS Speedweek

Reutzel Back on Track for ASCS Speedweek

Lonnie Wheatley, CLUTE, Texas (June 9, 2017) – Following a nasty ride last Thursday night at the Jackson (MN) Nationals that ultimately sidelined him for the balance of the weekend, Aaron Reutzel and the Dissolvalloy Downhole Revolution/BC Fundz No. 87 Triple-X Sprint Car team will be back in action for the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour Speedweek.

ASCS Speedweek features seven nights of racing at seven different tracks throughout Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri over the course of nine nights.

Reutzel originally planned on finishing out last weekend’s Jackson Nationals, but thought better of it as Friday progressed.

“That morning I felt good and thought I would be fine to race that night,” Reutzel says. “But as the day went on, it kind of set it and I just wasn’t feeling as well. We decided it was best to just sit out the rest of the weekend and get rested up for Speedweek.”

A few days of rest have done wonders for Reutzel.

“There are still a few bumps and bruises, just a little sore,” Reutzel said. “But we’ll be good to go racing.”

It all starts Friday night at a new venue for Reutzel and the Wren Motorsports/Momentum Racing Suspensions team at Lubbock’s West Texas Raceway.

“That’s the one that’s a new one for us,” Reutzel said.

Action moves on to Amarillo’s Route 66 Motor Speedway on Saturday, where Reutzel finished second last year. “That’s one I should have won last year, so maybe I can get that one back this time.”

After two idle nights, the balance of Speedweek for Reutzel and the Nattress Construction/Wings Unlimited team includes Devil’s Bowl Speedway (Mesquite, TX) on Tuesday, Lawton (OK) Speedway on Wednesday, Creek County Speedway (Sapulpa, OK) on Thursday, Randolph County Raceway (Moberly, MO) on Friday, June 16, and Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, MO) on Saturday, June 17.

Reutzel, who won the most recent Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour event aboard the Wright Way Logistics/Walker Performance entry on May 11 at Kansas City’s Lakeside Speedway, is no stranger to ASCS Speedweek.

“How your luck is going can play a big role on how your Speedweek goes,” Reutzel says. “How you’re drawing and how things fall into place can make it a good week or a bad week.”

Sitting fifth in Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour points entering Speedweek, Reutzel looks for a strong week to close the gap as he guns for a second series title in three years after capturing the 2015 crown.

2017 Quick Stats: 30 races, 1 win, 6 top-fives, 11 top-tens.

Up Next: Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour Speedweek:

Friday, June 9 – West Texas Raceway (Lubbock, TX)

Saturday, June 10 – Route 66 Motor Speedway (Amarillo, TX)

Tuesday, June 13 – Devil’s Bowl Speedway (Mesquite, TX)

Wednesday, June 14 – Lawton Speedway (Lawton, OK)

Thursday, June 15 – Creek County Speedway (Sapulpa, OK)

Friday, June 16 – Randolph County Raceway (Moberly, MO)

Saturday, June 17 – Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, MO)

Keep Track: Keep track of Aaron Reutzel’s on-track action including schedule and results at http://www.aaronreutzelracing.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aaron-Reutzel-Racing/117666254913127 or on Twitter at @AaronReutzel. You can also e-mail Aaron at aaronreutzel@yahoo.com.

If you would like Aaron Reutzel Racing press releases e-mailed directly to you, send your e-mail address to Lonnie Wheatley at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Penning the recurring series of “The Wheatley Chronicles” articles on www.sprintcarmania.com, Lonnie Wheatley provides media, public relations and more for select tracks, drivers and events. For more information, Wheatley may be contacted at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Archived