NASCAR Critics.

Chipperd93

Its great to see so many opinions, mostly supportive. When we ridicule racing of any venue we actually hurt the sport in general. I have personally experienced that many times.

What is interesting is no one mentioned what really determined the outcome of this 500 and that is fuel mileage. I was sitting on the edge of my seat nervous about who was going to run out next. Chase almost made history like his Dad, Larsen, my driver, almost had it in the bag, Truex almost redeemed last years loss but in the end it was a driver who lost 15 tries driving for a roughneck team that scored the brass ring. "My kingdom for a gallon of gas!" Been a while for that one.

Sold out ? Empty seats ? Regardless it was a huge crowd both in person and on TV. This can only reflect positively on the sport in general. Perhaps being too judgmental had some part of all the track closings. I have seen that too and might be ongoing as we speak.

Support ALL racing, every venue at every track possible least we create more ghost towns. It does no good to live in past glory days when the flathead Ford V8 was king. Success today requires new thinking and NASCAR made an attempt. Now locally.................??????????

It does no good to live in past glory days of flat head v8s true. to a point .with out us the ones who don't like some of the changes and I am certain we here on speedzone are not the only ones on this planet who disagree I don't go out on facebook twitter and such nothing would change either way then ..now like some, you included still race 40 year old cars and local tracks still run 40 year old v8 cars short track racing still has not evolved into todays cars and wont for many years for many reasons { cost } so that in itself hurts with the new generation. and when we ridicule racing of any venue we don't always hurt racing in general it has helped many times as well you have been rewarded because of it before .now down right being mean and destructive towards a track or series I will agree with you it hurts I have placed my displeasure with certain things with a track but never down right be mean and hateful..

Archived