April 30th races

What a eventful weekend. I want to start by apologizing for the pore track conditions. We over watered to say the least. It will not happen again. Thank you for all staying and supporting us.

After that catastrophe, the racing was very enjoyable. The fans stayed and were very happy. We tried hard to get the pay out as quick as possible. I want to thank all the new cars for coming down. You are always welcome here at STS.

Thank you all for your support.

Ken Hobbs

just a tad tacky you may say //live and learn ..and give you the thumbs up ken for taking one on the chin and apologizing. takes a tough man to take the blame ...earns respect ...you guys are going to figure it sooner than late texas weather is the worst to figure out ..one thing is for sure every one had too race on the same track and you could tell who had the best set ups for a wet track ..

Well I for 1 don't think theres anything to apologize for. Ken was trying to accommodate the tire concerns by adding a little more moisture. The real fact is he could not get enough cooperation from the pits to help roll it in. I heard the call for ALL vehicles to come out and help but what I heard in the pits was how nobody wanted to get their truck dirty. We had a handful of race cars and only 3 4/4 trucks trying to do the roll in. RGS for 15 years AND Riverside always started out super wet so this is nothing new. Its the lack of cooperation that's new. In Navasota every night ALL the vehicles would come out including tow vehicles with trailers and the track was ready in about 20 minutes. I watched one night after a rain out right here as the 4/4 trucks got a track under water to the wall dried out and ready to race in a couple of hours. With all the trucks in the pits not hooked to trailers along with ALL the race cars the track could have been ready sooner. But no big deal, the night provided the best racing I have seen in a while. Multiple grooves and lots of passes.

Now heres my peeve. We are too used to showing up and having everything so perfect we forget this is OUR playground and we have a responsibility to help wherever we can. Ken does not have enough vehicles to roll in a heavy track without help. It is much harder to prep a clay dirt track in south Texas than it is to prep a race car. So no more "live and learn" lectures if you have not done it. Robert Theser once got so frustrated at RGS he threatened to pave the track. What finally did work there was putting a zillion truck loads of deep drilling clay as an artificial surface and that held.

So the show started a little late. BIG DEAL. You want an absolute time schedule, go to the movies. You want real action, come out to the dirt track where you not only have to beat the competition, you have to beat the track. The best drivers did get to the front and I know they had a blast. In closing, don't gripe, help out. Remember the guy that just kicked your azz was racing on the same track you were. ( a really smart promoter once told me that!) Here we don't drink tea, we eat dirt and love it! JMO.

Well I for 1 don't think theres anything to apologize for. Ken was trying to accommodate the tire concerns by adding a little more moisture. The real fact is he could not get enough cooperation from the pits to help roll it in. I heard the call for ALL vehicles to come out and help but what I heard in the pits was how nobody wanted to get their truck dirty. We had a handful of race cars and only 3 4/4 trucks trying to do the roll in. RGS for 15 years AND Riverside always started out super wet so this is nothing new. Its the lack of cooperation that's new. In Navasota every night ALL the vehicles would come out including tow vehicles with trailers and the track was ready in about 20 minutes. I watched one night after a rain out right here as the 4/4 trucks got a track under water to the wall dried out and ready to race in a couple of hours. With all the trucks in the pits not hooked to trailers along with ALL the race cars the track could have been ready sooner. But no big deal, the night provided the best racing I have seen in a while. Multiple grooves and lots of passes.

Now heres my peeve. We are too used to showing up and having everything so perfect we forget this is OUR playground and we have a responsibility to help wherever we can. Ken does not have enough vehicles to roll in a heavy track without help. It is much harder to prep a clay dirt track in south Texas than it is to prep a race car. So no more "live and learn" lectures if you have not done it. Robert Theser once got so frustrated at RGS he threatened to pave the track. What finally did work there was putting a zillion truck loads of deep drilling clay as an artificial surface and that held.

So the show started a little late. BIG DEAL. You want an absolute time schedule, go to the movies. You want real action, come out to the dirt track where you not only have to beat the competition, you have to beat the track. The best drivers did get to the front and I know they had a blast. In closing, don't gripe, help out. Remember the guy that just kicked your azz was racing on the same track you were. ( a really smart promoter once told me that!) Here we don't drink tea, we eat dirt and love it! JMO.

well as Dinsmore once said, atleast I think it was him. Man I had birthday reading this one.And that's all I'm really going you say about his post.

Archived