?

Chuckman

TQ , nothing would be good about it reopening....still it is sad to see it like it is now. Quite a few people got to go there as kids and then later started racing there (like myself). I still have a bunch of old tapes in storage from there. I know it's not going to ever open and I am very thankful we have THR. :)

I turned my first (and last) pavement laps at Ricci Ware's Paramount Speedway (that's going back 30 years) and it is indeed sad to see the grand lady in such disrepair.

Every now and then I ride by Pan American in San Antonio and Longhorn in Austin just out of curiosity. Get a lump in the throat every time. The amazing thing about Pan Am is that you could still race there except for the ditches they cut through the track to stop the impromtu late-nite racing that was taking place years after Ricci had shut the place down.

And that little leak that used to ooze water on the front straight is still leaking.

Nick Holt

• 2 weeks later...
:blink: Hey, speaking of Longhorn, I recently came across an old first turn "action" shot at longhorn (speed-o-rama) that had been stashed away in my late parent's house for over 35 years. The shot is of four of the "T-bucket" type super-modifieds they raced then. Man, what a lot of history in this one shot! Does anyone out there know where I could come up with more of these?

Archived