SUPER TRUCK PURSE for Whelen NASCAR Night - July 20th

SUPER PURSE for NASCAR BWFS Coke Trucks! That’s right…thanks to Wild Child Motorsports, Boyd Motorsports, Redco Tool and BWFS Industries, the PURSE IS SUPER FOR JULY 20TH! How about $1200 to Win and $200 to start?!?!

Click HERE to view the complete purse and scroll down for the July 20th NASCAR BWFS Coke Truck Purse

In addition, the NASCAR BWFS Coke Trucks will Qualify from the Fastest Practice Lap. All other classes except Bandolero will be based upon chip draw. Bandoleros will be based upon fastest practice lap as always.

The NASCAR Fiesta Modified Winner will receive a Whelen Medal and the winner’s circle picture will be posted on the NASCAR Hometracks website.

To help with the heat, HMP is now on the summer schedule which means 7pm start time for racing and no heat races...features only. In addition, Pit gates will open at 3pm.

Click HERE for the Whelen NASCAR Night Race Schedule.

Be sure to thank the sponsors listed above when you are here and thank you to all of you for making this a great place to race!

JULY20OVAL13.jpg

Thanks guys for the support of the class and increased payouts.

THANKS TRUCK PURSE SPONSORS AND HMP FOR NO CHIP DRAW.... YEAH....

Maybe I can buy a new body...(for my truck).

................................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................................................

.......................................................................... oh and i have a automatic you can borrow............................

................................................................................

.......................................................................... oh and i have a automatic you can borrow............................

I was about to ask if you forgot about that one little problem....and thanks but no thanks. Two more bit the dust last night.

I was about to ask if you forgot about that one little problem....and thanks but no thanks. Two more bit the dust last night.

Why is it that all of a sudden SAS and Kyle are so hard on transmissions? I don't remember hearing of these problems in the old ARTS days? Whats causing them to fail at San Antonio? bouncing off the track? Not looking to stir it up, just curious about the past.

Why is it that all of a sudden SAS and Kyle are so hard on transmissions? I don't remember hearing of these problems in the old ARTS days? Whats causing them to fail at San Antonio? bouncing off the track? Not looking to stir it up, just curious about the past.

Believe me, we've kicked that around too. At first it was just SAS, but lately they have been failing at HMP and CTS also. I've heard several theories from the heat of the crossover headers, SAS being too rough, the F75 tire getting more grip. None of them seem like the smoking gun to me. Wish I knew.

It does seem like the ones holding up the best are the TCI aftermarket ones, but you have to pay a pretty penny for them.

San Antonio was always hard on transmissions even back in the ARTS days. But trying to compare why is like trying to compare apples to oranges... SAS is bumpier you carry more speed which puts more stress on the chassis. More chassis flex = more problems with T350's cracking among other problems.

If we're going to ask for Standards at HMP why not Powerglides? Other than trying to keep to the original ARTS rules at HMP why not consider Powerglides as an option. Im kinda curious why the Powerglide has not been an option in the past...

Are these transmisions breaking cases? Do these trucks use a transmission mount on the tail housing?

Bruce, some break internally. Some have broken the cases. Ours were cases. Most of the trucks have a crossmember mount under the tranny but some have the rear mounts with the tranny hanging off the block.

Are these transmisions breaking cases? Do these trucks use a transmission mount on the tail housing?

Bruce, some break internally. Some have broken the cases. Ours were cases. Most of the trucks have a crossmember mount under the tranny but some have the rear mounts with the tranny hanging off the block.

Wonder if having midplates would fix some of the issues? I know on the 76 truck we bolt to the block and mount to the tail with a crossmember...

We have been running automatics in modifieds for years but must use a mid plate and no tail housing mount. There are also some brackets that you can buy or make that will support the transmission tail housing without being mounted to the cross member.

Archived