Michael Villarreal

arob

Thanks for the concern.

Actually it was his brother Mark that was involved in the incident, along with my husband James. Mark was transported to the hospital for x-rays, but nothing was broken, just a bit of whiplash and a stiff neck. My husband got out with bruised ribs, a hurt elbow, and a lot of soreness.

The biggest factor in this event was that Mark took his seat belts off before the caution was even thrown, so he got the worst of the impact. Another factor was after inspecting his car we noticed that his seat and belts were not installed properly.

It was just a racing accident and there was nothing anyone could have done to avoid it.

Arob,

Just to let you know, the yellow was thrown, but in the area that the accident happend, no one could tell the light was on, and it was on the last lap. If you race at CCMS, you know that coming out of 1 and 2 there is no light, so drivers could not see. And as the Race Director, I did let the drivers know over the radio that there were two cars spun in turn two. Now not all my drivers have radios, but those that did, knew.

If you (or anyone else) have any other questions, please feel free to e-mail me at CParks@texasdwarfcar.com.

Thank you,

Christine Parks

TDCA Race Director

Well Nick,

For your info I heard it from the fire crew and a member of a Dwarf car team. It was a FACT that I heard and I said I did not know, I did not say he broke his back. I did not just make something up to have something to say. I do not even know some of these people I was just answering to someone else, was not even talking to you.

Sorry Christine, Dwarf drivers and Crew if it seemed to you like I was trying to start a rumor, that was not my the idea.That is just what I heard, I was at the track and seen the wreck personally so yes we where concerned as well and asking how everyone was at the time.

I will say good job to the fire crew and thank God the ambulance was there.

The yellow was maybe a little late since it was the final lap of a relatively long race. I also heard from the fire crew that Villareal broke his back. Hearing something about a driver and wandering about his welfare is not starting rumors, it's showing concern. I know that there is a light in turn two, but during the course of this season and very early on, it was disconnected or otherwise disabled. The lights are still on the post, but we haven't used it all year. Villareal is lucky he didn't break anything or was more severly hurt for unbuckling his seatbelts before the cars slowed down, no matter the time that the yellow came out. All I know is that 82 was near full throttle when he slid into Villareal's car. No one should be at fault here, it was just a racing accident and people showing concern shouldn't be perceived as starting rumors.

He loosened his belts, he didn't take them off. I was told that by his close friend who was at the hospital with him. It was just a timing mistake. I don't think he should be criticized so badly. He made a mistake. The car that hit him should also have been looking ahead of him. Racing accident, pure and simple. I don't think anybody should be made out to look like they are a bad guy here.

Horace05,

The driver spun next to him said as they were asking each other if they were okay, he saw Mark taking them off, and then later that night, Mark himself told me. So, no, I did not see it, but the driver admitted to me that he was taking them off.

Tx Trouble,

I was not critizing him, I was just stating a fact. And the car that hit him was behind another car who dove down to avoid it, and the car behind him had no where to go.

It was a racing accident, no one said otherwise. I am just stating the facts so that no more "rumors" get started.

• 2 weeks later...
safety check should be done on every car by some offical before every race-finding out at last race of the season that the seat and belts weren't mounted properly seems odd-

ITS SO EASY TO ACT LIKE EVERY BOLT COULD BE CHECKED.THERE WAS A GUY RACING NASCAR,#3 DIED IN HIS RACE CAR FROM POORLY MOUNTED BELTS.GUESS THOSE CARS DONT GET CHECKED PROPERLY!.WHY POINT FINGERS ON DO THIS AND THAT. JUST LOOK BACK AND GIVE THANKS THAT THOSE INVOLVED ARE OK.AND RECHECK YOUR OWN STUFF.ITS YOU OR SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT,THEN CHECK AND DO IT AGAIN.OR SIT IN THE PORCH......FRANK T.

series i run with checks everything (belt mounting-date on belts-(we get 2 years)firesuit rating-race boot rating-hemet rating-gloves-supression system-you name it-it gets checked-and this is before you go out and practice-dont believe me-come run with us and find out-this is before every race-and as for the #3 -thats a deal nobody will ever know the real truth about-bill simpson was nascars scapegoat-

Archived