The Before and After Photos

Desert COP

These are some of the pictures of how I got the car back minus the motor.

Some stages as I found time to work on the beast. The Blue and Yellow is the now!!!

Brakes, Seat Belts, Seat, Windshield and a few other small items and I'll go out and play on the asphalt!!

:ph34r: Cheers, Dennis (aka: Desert COP) :ph34r:

post-3-1326873542.jpg

AT FIRST IT LOOKED LIKE A MISFIRE FROM YOU SNIPER GUN KILLED THAT CAR .....BUT AFTER LOOKING AT ALL THE DESTRUCTION HERE .I REALIZED ITS JUST YOUR OWN HANDY WORK ..THE BULLET WOULD NOT HAVE LEFT THAT MANY LARGE PARTS...... SO MY QUESTION IS . WHO PUT THE CAR BACK TOGETHER .....COULD NOT BE YOU ..YOUR USED TO DESTROYING THINGS . YOU MUST OF HAD AN INSTRUCTIONAL BOOK .VIDEOS ..AND A LOT OF PHONE NUMBERS . .....SURE GLAD YOU WILL MAKE IT ..JUST GIVE US A WARNING BEFORE YOU START AND MOVE THAT CAR AROUND THE PIT OR TRACK AREA ..PLEASE

HiTech,

Greg Sr and I put the motor back together after Bruce did all the machine work. I did all the stripping, repainting and body work myself with the exception of a little welding that Bobby helped me with. I even painted it!! It's been allot of work just working weekends when I'm off work. Can't wait to get it out there and run a few practice laps.

:ph34r: See Ya There!! :ph34r:

[Comment deleted by Nick Holt, 1/18/12]

what kind of smart remark is that ....your not attacking a war hero are you ... i do not take lightly to people attacking our vets . the vets fight and fought for me over in harms way .i will fight for them at home ...and i am not a vet ...please explain your self ..... <_< not mad .just like to know ..

I would hope he is kidding, whoever he is hiding behind his screen name. Otherwise he is just running his mouth. It is funny how brave some people are when nobody knows them. Or maybe he is a veteran who served our country as well. I doubt it the way he is hiding.

Greg Jr.

Post deleted by Nick Holt, 1/18/12

Nick, HiTech, and Greg Jr. all know where I've been. I just ignored idiots, and hope someday they have to walk a mile in my shoes. I've paid my dues and earned my stripes!

Someone with no itegrity and no morals will always bad mouth from the shadows. We call-em cowards!!!

Thanks for the support guys. Maybe someday he can come out of the closet/or quit hiding behind a screen name.

:ph34r: Cheers, Dennis :ph34r:

Unfortunately, it's sometimes hard for me to tell when a negative comment is just good-natured bantering between buddies or a cutting remark. I have removed the comment and hope we can all put this behind us.

Dennis, yes, we know where you've been and I truly appreciate your service to our great country.

Nick

Nick, HiTech, and Greg Jr. all know where I've been. I just ignored idiots, and hope someday they have to walk a mile in my shoes. I've paid my dues and earned my stripes!

Someone with no itegrity and no morals will always bad mouth from the shadows. We call-em cowards!!!

Thanks for the support guys. Maybe someday he can come out of the closet/or quit hiding behind a screen name.

i know dennis .i we should ignore fools ..but when it comes to vet.s and my family ..i cant ..see you at the track ..and thank you nick ..that four letter word i use VETS//YOUR a proud member of ...salute...........dennis i like blue ..yellow well ...main thing is you have talked about racen for years ...this isnt a go cart in the desert ...

Unfortunately, it's sometimes hard for me to tell when a negative comment is just good-natured bantering between buddies or a cutting remark. I have removed the comment and hope we can all put this behind us.

Dennis, yes, we know where you've been and I truly appreciate your service to our great country.

Nick

Thanks Warrior, really appreciate it!! Don't know why this guy would say stuff like that!!

...dennis i like blue ..yellow well ...main thing is you have talked about racen for years ...this isnt a go cart in the desert ...

It's drivable on it's own power, but no brakes yet!! Waiting on a proportioning valve. Yep, that is a US NAVY themed color!!

We used to call it "lil blackie". it looks good Dennis and I'm posting under John's name this is Stephen.

Thanks Steve, I still have a little of that red to hide, but it should be just a couple more hours of work. I'm in San Antonio right now having my eye surgery, so I should see everyone back on the 30th if all goes well. Cheers Brother!!

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I've made a few changes to the color scheme, and I think maybe just one more after this. Take a look at the last three pictures I just added to this album. I've enclosed one of them as I was peeling the tape off of it. I painted it today while I still had fairly good weather.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3...mp;l=19f8174c75

:ph34r: Cheers!!! :ph34r:

post-3-1329029837.jpg

LOOKS GOOD .WONT BE HARD TO FIND JUST ADD WINGS ........REALLY DENNIS .....GREAT LOOKING Car all pun put aside ........now promise me you wont shoot the first person who scratches it ....

It would be Mat ,, You know that , Or someone else would come down on your right side. Man It looks good !!

Archived