2011 Street Stock Shootout of South Texas

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THIS IS NOTHING ABOUT STREET STOCKS.........YA REALLY DON'T WANT ANY REAL FAST CARS..........LOOKS LIKE YA JUST CHERRY PICKEN THEN.............YA JUST LOOKING FOR A FEW CARS TO KICK AT AND POINT FINGERS..........YA NEED TO CHANGE THE NAME TO .......HOBBY/PURE/BOMBER/AND WANT TO BE RACE CARS......AND LEAVE THE STREET STOCK NAME OFF........

If your car can fit within reason within one of the three tracks set of rules then great! You decide what to do at that point your a big boy! This is the second year we have done this and trust me the first year went very smooth, very competitive and had good car counts. If your trying to bring a gun to a knife fight then there are other tracks with events just for you and those type of cars. Thanks for your interest...

THIS IS NOTHING ABOUT STREET STOCKS.........YA REALLY DON'T WANT ANY REAL FAST CARS..........LOOKS LIKE YA JUST CHERRY PICKEN THEN.............YA JUST LOOKING FOR A FEW CARS TO KICK AT AND POINT FINGERS..........YA NEED TO CHANGE THE NAME TO .......HOBBY/PURE/BOMBER/AND WANT TO BE RACE CARS......AND LEAVE THE STREET STOCK NAME OFF........

:blink:

what? No sprint cars allowed? Yall boys dont want fast cars....lol I say any class with headers, race tires, quicksteer, racing shocks and springs....are not a pure stock...maybe a hobby by some places names....but i say they are well within the normal range of street stock classes everywhere I have seen

Ill tell you a few that still confuse me....THR calling their street stocks, super stocks.... that seems weird to me.... I37s limited latemodels...this is confusing....they still have stock clips (and weigh a ton)....that just seems more like a superstock to me....limited latemodels to me are crate or 9 to 1 tube chassis cars...

But...long story short...Shakespeare said it best.... A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.... They have to be called something....the name does not really matter....its the rules that matter....these tracks have rules that are compareable....call it whatever you want....I say get a car that fits these rules and come see if you can keep up with our "slow" cars....I dare ya...lol AJ

...But...long story short...Shakespeare said it best.... A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.... They have to be called something....the name does not really matter....its the rules that matter....these tracks have rules that are compareable....call it whatever you want....I say get a car that fits these rules and come see if you can keep up with our "slow" cars....I dare ya...lol AJ

AMEN REV. AJ

what? No sprint cars allowed? Yall boys dont want fast cars....lol I say any class with headers, race tires, quicksteer, racing shocks and springs....are not a pure stock...maybe a hobby by some places names....but i say they are well within the normal range of street stock classes everywhere I have seen

Ill tell you a few that still confuse me....THR calling their street stocks, super stocks.... that seems weird to me.... I37s limited latemodels...this is confusing....they still have stock clips (and weigh a ton)....that just seems more like a superstock to me....limited latemodels to me are crate or 9 to 1 tube chassis cars...

But...long story short...Shakespeare said it best.... A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.... They have to be called something....the name does not really matter....its the rules that matter....these tracks have rules that are compareable....call it whatever you want....I say get a car that fits these rules and come see if you can keep up with our "slow" cars....I dare ya...lol AJ

Aj...ill agree. Our car is a Walter Newman Southern Latemodel. The class where it came from are called hobbie cars. When we first got here we would have ran with the super stocks...So I will agree. To follow true names of classes people would have to spend a ton of money! so I think all of us build sprint cars and call it good! lolol....ok ok. it was the thought that counted...

Question: so imca i-stocks won't be legal for this series???

there is a difference between istock rules and our street stock rules. does that mean istocks cant run? Not neccessarily because some cars that race against istocks would fit into our rules just fine because they are not totally built per istock rules, but an istock built to the rule book isnt the same as our street stocks. Just like the purestocks dont want streetstocks to run with them because they look the same.

there is a difference between istock rules ans our street stock rules. does that mean istocks cant run? not neccessarily because some cars that race against istocks would fit into our rules just fine because they are not totally built per istock rules. but an istock built to the rule book isnt the same as our street stocks. just like the purestocks dont want streetstocks ti run with them because they look the same.

it would be tough to run with a big motor car thats 300lbs lighter on the same tire and I think that is what your trying to implement here. Im not saying it cant be done but it would not leave any margin for error. Either way it will be fun.

It's dirt racing. What rules????? If a track has a big shootout and big purse for a class, then wouldn't you think EVERY car entered should go by that tracks rules? I wouldn't be to happy if some other car from another track was outfitted with their rules and won the race and the officials grant the winnings. If a car is way out of the classes league, then dont let them race. If a car has engine set way back, shorter wheel base then specified, tube frame, some out of the park mountain motor, then dont let them race. If a car has shocks, trans, carb, and location of parts on the frame that are not correct, then you have plenty of time to change it if you want to make the race so bad under the rules of the class for that track. Fair enough? Just my opinion. Thats how it should be anyhow. What if there are asphalt cars that want to run?

If you let other cars come race with their rules, then the excuses will never end! You would hear, "Oh he only won cause he had this or that and i was better all night". Not to mention the drama created after the race if a out of towner won it. The last track a driver or owner wants to go to is a "run what ou brung" track. Seen this happen soooo many times and i still dont get it. It is never a fair race when this is created with other rules from different tracks.

Just as we anticipated in just over a week we have new drivers being added to the list daily along with sponsors from cash, racing products, gift certificates to trophies. By the time this roles around guys it going to be very big with lots of attention and exposure to alot of lucky teams and drivers. Remember entry fee is only $30. Its registers you for all 3 races and that money goes directly to the point fund along with 100% of all sponsorship. If you are interested in any shape or form please contact myself or monty and we will gladly chat with you. Also remember to thank the tracks for hosting these events leading up to the dates.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...lol But..in this case its just selective captioning...I have seen several Istocks carry the left front...but they did it with 406 ci motors, mini-clutches and lighter cars...(not a 305 with a stock clutch)..so even if our cars looked the same...its still not the same car...Ill tell you a secret though...dont tell anyone....3 wheeling is NOT the fast way around the track...if it was the latemodels would still be doing it...why did I? I have been feeling nostalgic lately..kinda missing the old days...when racing was mostly show...now people take it too serious...they forget were supposed to entertain the crowd. I just did it for fun.....but on a side not...I love that picture...I think its the best one I have taken so far...(not Brenda...me...lol) Scott Stubbs was actually driving the car...and I had the camera...course I think all the other pics Brenda has taken...and she set up the camera...but hey...I pushed the button...lol

It's dirt racing. What rules????? If a track has a big shootout and big purse for a class, then wouldn't you think EVERY car entered should go by that tracks rules? I wouldn't be to happy if some other car from another track was outfitted with their rules and won the race and the officials grant the winnings. If a car is way out of the classes league, then dont let them race. If a car has engine set way back, shorter wheel base then specified, tube frame, some out of the park mountain motor, then dont let them race. If a car has shocks, trans, carb, and location of parts on the frame that are not correct, then you have plenty of time to change it if you want to make the race so bad under the rules of the class for that track. Fair enough? Just my opinion. Thats how it should be anyhow. What if there are asphalt cars that want to run?

If you let other cars come race with their rules, then the excuses will never end! You would hear, "Oh he only won cause he had this or that and i was better all night". Not to mention the drama created after the race if a out of towner won it. The last track a driver or owner wants to go to is a "run what ou brung" track. Seen this happen soooo many times and i still dont get it. It is never a fair race when this is created with other rules from different tracks.

this is not a run what you brung race nor does it say anything close to that anywhere in this thread. if you out of town and are interested then look at the rules we are running by. if your close then reach us so we can discuss with tracks and drivers if your good or too far out of bounce. dont make this out to be a bigger deal then it should be please. real easy and its a long ways off to not get ready if you want to.

Wow I don't think anyone read the rules of the three tracks thoroughly...just match the set of rules of one track and come race, but instead,wanna complain on here...

I was being highly sarcastic! the little motor will try try try though! It will be a good show, I think some people are looking at these as individual "big" shows when that is not what I believe the goal of these races are. If someone has a istock with a motor similar to the track rules I would imagine it would be fine its not hard to add a little weight to be close to everyone else.

I was being highly sarcastic! the little motor will try try try though! It will be a good show, I think some people are looking at these as individual "big" shows when that is not what I believe the goal of these races are. If someone has a istock with a motor similar to the track rules I would imagine it would be fine its not hard to add a little weight to be close to everyone else.

Little motor or not it's what my home track rules call for. I believe each track had 25 plus cars with three different winners, so I'm not feeling you on the "individual" part. I'm all for adding weight to all these BIG motor cars....but I do not have the last word in this...

Little motor or not it's what my home track rules call for. I believe each track had 25 plus cars with three different winners, so I'm not feeling you on the "individual" part. I'm all for adding weight to all these BIG motor cars....but I do not have the last word in this...

I dont think you understand what I'm saying, my car is set up to run the same track yours is and I'm all for i37 rules. The "individual" part I'm talking about is there are guys that are looking at this as a series of "individual" big money races and thats not what it is in my eyes. Ive talked to a few guys about it and the first thing out of there mouth is whats the purse. The way i understand it and please forgive me if Im wrong but we are running 3 races for that tracks normal purse with a points fund not related to the tracks. My final thought of the night is lets just set a weight limit for all cars at 3300 lbs.

I dont think you understand what I'm saying, my car is set up to run the same track yours is and I'm all for i37 rules. The "individual" part I'm talking about is there are guys that are looking at this as a series of "individual" big money races and thats not what it is in my eyes. Ive talked to a few guys about it and the first thing out of there mouth is whats the purse. The way i understand it and please forgive me if Im wrong but we are running 3 races for that tracks normal purse with a points fund not related to the tracks. My final thought of the night is lets just set a weight limit for all cars at 3300 lbs.

Sounds like a winner sure hope you can make it out...

Archived