USMTS?

usra43

Could I-37 be IMCA sanctioned and also have USMTS races here and there for next year or is it possible? USMTS seems to be growing by the minute and big car counts at every showing. USMTS cars are awsome to watch with LOTS of Horsepower in those Power plants. Just a thought. It would give guys whos cars are not IMCA legal a place to race and run for points in that series as well. Alot of Texas tracks are having USMTS races lately and car counts are skyrocketing. Since the IMCA modified class is falling off everywhere do to the sportmod class rising.

Don't know where you got your info but......USMTS(Southern Series) races have been canceled left and right......and believe me it's NOT due to skyrocketing car counts!!!!!.......Unless you're counting Skyrocket Chassis'.......Up north is a different subject......Post season races like to one coming up at HRP do good because no other racing is going on....

But to answer your question YES they could be IMCA sanctioned and have a USMTS race IF they ran it on Sunday and picked the total lease option, like Heart o Texas tried.......But as we all know no fans ever show up on any night except Saturday<<<SARCASM>>>and I-37 doesn't have to facility to put enough people in the stands needed to cover the costs

There are also rumors that USMTS has been hashing over possible ways to address the high cost of motors/dropping car counts. IE: going to 2-bar suspensions, MSD chips, harder tires.....FYI IMCA is too

Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching guys like Hughes, Shryock, Donlinger, Payne, Phillips, etc.....but,(to me) running 20K+ motors in this economy is going to continue to kill the class....

LAST I CHECKED ALL CAR COUNTS ARE FALLING OFF EVERYWHERE ;) AND WEVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD AND THE LAST I CHECKED I-37 CAR COUNTS ARE GOING UP WHY CHANGE SOMETHING THE FANS LOVE TO SEE ALREADY WOULD NOT MAKE ANY SENSE ;) :lol:AND USMTS IS A GREAT SHOW BUT IS JUST THAT A TOURING SERIES :lol: IF WE ALL HAD THE MONEY WOULD BE FUN ;)

Could I-37 be IMCA sanctioned and also have USMTS races here and there for next year or is it possible? USMTS seems to be growing by the minute and big car counts at every showing. USMTS cars are awsome to watch with LOTS of Horsepower in those Power plants. Just a thought. It would give guys whos cars are not IMCA legal a place to race and run for points in that series as well. Alot of Texas tracks are having USMTS races lately and car counts are skyrocketing. Since the IMCA modified class is falling off everywhere do to the sportmod class rising

WOULD BE FUN TO WATCH THOUGH ;)

What i'm saying is have USMTS make some shows here and there. Not eliminate IMCA mods. And for the record rebelracewriter, it's USMTS! It's supposed to be expensive! Just like any other type of racing. Thats why it's a touring series, "last time i checked". Some tracks are NOT sanctioned to IMCA. So, those mods would look for a USMTS race. It would be interesting and fun to watch and bring more income to I-37 and a crowd. It was just an idea to help on both ends of the track and fans. And do you think that guys running an IMCA motor is cheap? YOUR WRONG. The cost is up there with late models. Quick changes, falcon and brinn trans, a good 2011 Harris 4 bar chassis, motors, etc.... Last time i checked!!!!!! By the time you have a winning IMCA Modified, you just spent over $30,000. Limited mod is the only way to go as it seems, even though they are getting close to a modified inch by inch. But, every year they are changing rules that cost more. Look how much drivers want for their limited mods when they sell them. $6,000 to $12,000 AS A FRONT RUNNING ROLLER USED!!!!! This class has got out of hand on the money part. When each class races, i see no difference in speed or handling. Lots of people in the stands say, "I thought that class just raced?". LOL. Back to square one then. Another "affordable" class please. But, in racing, nothing is affordable. Not even a pure stock. You see the same guy winning every weekend in almost each class. Thats boring. But, you can't control how much money they spend on their machines either. It's like watching Nascar, Johnson wins, Johnson wins, Johnson wins...... Hendrick has money out the a$$. Nascar has lost fans and thats no joke. If you are a decent driver and have a top-of-the-line racecar and equipment, you just won before the race even started. My point is any racing is expensive. Sorry to brake it to you. But, I-37 is doing it some how with the car counts lately. Good job, keep it up!

USMTS is not cheap..You could sell out the stands,and still be upside down on revenue brought in..I37 is doing a fine job, but its not close to being able to bring in this type of show and not lose there a___.And USMTS cancelled many shows this season,WHY??.. Tracks make money on the support classes, and its great to see the 4 bangers class building up..That class is what helps a track servive...And on the Limiteds, yes they are getting out of hand, Do you know how many drivers were repeat winners in the class this season,I think it was only two!.Shows how tough that class is... Frank t

USMTS is not cheap..You could sell out the stands,and still be upside down on revenue brought in..I37 is doing a fine job, but its not close to being able to bring in this type of show and not lose there a___.And USMTS cancelled many shows this season,WHY??.. Tracks make money on the support classes, and its great to see the 4 bangers class building up..That class is what helps a track servive...And on the Limiteds, yes they are getting out of hand, Do you know how many drivers were repeat winners in the class this season,I think it was only two!.Shows how tough that class is... Frank t

Thats the only class to watch is sport mods. Your correct on that Frank. If i could only afford one! Once you get married, your racing changes to spectating! LOL.

Why do you think i have stayed single for 20 years??, and when i was at hwy 16 with Mr Horne,The only profit show we had was the TEXAS CLASSIC(street stock) type cars..The all pro type cars cost was just to much.. And you are talking about filling the stands..I37 stands are not even close to what SAS had..And when i say a profit show, i am talking SPECIAL type big purse show...Now i hope NO ONE says i bashed i37, I would love to see SPRINTS,LATE MODELS ETC,But i want the track to make money,not lose money...That way it stays OPEN!!.Frank t

True true. I want to see 305 or ASCS sprints also. Something different ya know? But, 37 does need more stands as it is growing. If they needed help i would be willing to weld em up for them. (reason for me to leave the house). LOL. I just got married and almost divorced over the racing. Spending time and money in it, but thats on both. LOL. One had to go though, the car. Sucks. But got a new welder and tools out of selling the car!!!!

When SAS was open and the super late models came, everyone and there mom came to watch those fast cars. There was not a seat open.

Even that got watered down and car counts went down as well... For various reasons but thats a totally different can of worms... The bigger point is that the classes that cost more to run I.E. Late Models, Modifieds ect the counts are dwindling ... Why? Because the cost to race is alot more now. But if you look at the classes like frontrunners/twisters and pure stocks/street stocks where you spend less money the counts are going up. Thats because the cost to race while important has not hurt them as much as the higher classes. Too many drivers are pricing the class out of existance. Unfortunately in South Texas the sport isnt as popular as it is as in say Iowa or Kansas or the Dakotas. Even the tracks up there are hurting. Hell even in North Texas the counts are down as well. I dont have an answer for it. I dont think anyone really has a fixall answer until money starts to flow back in in the form of sponsorships and people making more money that they can spend on a car. I would be willing to bet that even someone who you may think has alot of money like Greg Dinsmore has spent alot less money this year on racing that he has in awhile not because he wants to but because work is slow and the incoming dollar is less. I hope it changes for the better but its going to take time.

When SAS was open and the super late models came, everyone and there mom came to watch those fast cars. There was not a seat open.

Even that got watered down and car counts went down as well... For various reasons but thats a totally different can of worms... The bigger point is that the classes that cost more to run I.E. Late Models, Modifieds ect the counts are dwindling ... Why? Because the cost to race is alot more now. But if you look at the classes like frontrunners/twisters and pure stocks/street stocks where you spend less money the counts are going up. Thats because the cost to race while important has not hurt them as much as the higher classes. Too many drivers are pricing the class out of existance. Unfortunately in South Texas the sport isnt as popular as it is as in say Iowa or Kansas or the Dakotas. Even the tracks up there are hurting. Hell even in North Texas the counts are down as well. I dont have an answer for it. I dont think anyone really has a fixall answer until money starts to flow back in in the form of sponsorships and people making more money that they can spend on a car. I would be willing to bet that even someone who you may think has alot of money like Greg Dinsmore has spent alot less money this year on racing that he has in awhile not because he wants to but because work is slow and the incoming dollar is less. I hope it changes for the better but its going to take time.

even if the economy is crap.. i still see 80% of pple driving new cars.. having decent houses new boats etc etc etc etc its priorities i believe.. .. unfortunate car counts at goliad are even down in the street stock class..you sed yall are gaining cars in the lower classes at 37 i think we had 8 or 9 last race.. as opposed to around 20 at the beginning of the year 15 atleast on average.. and alot more than that last year.. it sucks i hope it gets better so that we have some where to race

Well, lay-offs on jobs are coming into effect again now and hours are cut for alot. Thats why the track has alot of front runners and pures. Don't cost as much. Thats where you gotta work with drivers on expensive rule specs man or cheaper entry fees. Gotta give before you take. You be surprised about the positive changes you make to get cars there and they will come if they just even have a $10 entry cut cause thats $10 that could have went to fuel to race. And if your racing for points, forget it. Like i said, the guy with the bucks or backing, will win a title or alot of races. These days, it narrows it down big time with the economy. I would expect Henley, Jason Borlace, and Reyes to win a title or have lots of wins this year or last year. They are good maybe the best in their class, but they don't have the loaded pockets for this.

Ok.....lets talk Outlaw type mods in Texas....STS dropped the class.....Goliad may/may not drop it, but look at their car count....Cowtown dropped the class(weekly), except for big shows.....Grand Prairie has been open/closed 3 times THIS YEAR trying to run Outlaw mods and have 8-10 cars show up.....Houston tracks----instead of 40/track like they had in the 90's maybe has 40 total left in the city combined.....No more Miller Modified Nationals in McAllen

The Outlaw mods are going the way of pavement Late Models, weekly Sprint and Late Models on dirt.....

JUST an FYI.....IMCA does NOT allow quick changes....Nor does everyone have a new chassis.....Look at how many older cars are in the class, yet a couple of those have been able to run up front this year.....notably Jamie and Tracey....Granted Greg and Bill have the two newest cars and run the best most of the time.....but they've also spend the time at Harris set-up school too

While IMCA Mods aren't necessarliy the answer or panacea.....With all the contingency awards, national, regional and track points pay outs and added insurance they are the best thing going.....

I've talked to the track about getting an ASCS show, tried to get them to pick up a dropped show so ASCS wouldn't cancel the one remaining show in south Texas......ASCS charges $300/car that shows up.....I-37 would have to add 1000 more seats, AND fill them to make a profit.....SST(305's) charge a set price for a set number of cars(not sure on exact figures)....USMTS offers tracks two options to run a show(neither would work at I-37).....One thing you probably don't understand, with USMTS, maybe even ASCS, they get all the entry fees, not the track!!!!....So that leaves them to make up the difference on fans and concessions....plus pay all the overhead(electric, insurance, EMS/fire crew, etc.).....That math just doesn't work out..... That's why several of the tracks have dropped their USMTS shows

Now before ANYONE says I'm bashing I-37....WRONG....They have told me they don't have a big enough facility to put enough people in the stands for a big show.....This isn't a "book it and they will come" thing....

Hey I'm like everyone else.....Would love to see a Sprint, Late Model or big Mod show close by.....But it's just not in the cards....at least until 2012(and I'll leave that discussion alone....LMFAO)

LETS PUT THIS ONE TO REST I BOUGHT A NEW CAR BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID THEY WANTED TO BUY MY CAR EVEN THOUGH I GOT SCREWED OVER <_< I DID IT YES SOME PIECES ARE USED ON MY CAR BUT DID IT IM IN THE SAME BOAT AS MANY OTHERS AND HONESTLY I WOULD HAVE HUNG IT UP THIS YEAR :angry: TILL A BETTER YEAR BUT I WANTED TO MAKE SURE THE MOD CLASS STAYS ALIVE SO IF WE ALL CAN AFFORD TO GO USMTS WE WOULD LOVE TO BUT I KNOW FOR MOST ITS NOT A GOOD IDEAL(ALTHOUGH THEY PUT ON A GREAT SHOW) I THINK THE TRACK IS DOING GREAT AND THERES A LOT MORE CARS BEING BUILT SO I SAY DO NOT CHANGE A THING THE CAR COUNTS ARE GETTING BETTER AND BETTER THE SHOWS ARE GREAT AND GETTING BETTER JUST LIKE STATED B -4 USMTS AND IMCA SEE THE PROBLEM AND ARE TRYING TO CURE IT EITHER WAY A GOOD SET OF RULES NEEDS TO BE IN HAND PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO GO BY A MODIFIED OR ANY OTHER CAR IF THINGS MIGHT CHANGE ;) SO I SAY IF IT WORKS LEAVE IT ALONE ;) :lol:SO WHAT IM SAYING IS DONT CREATE A DOUBT IT ONLY HURTS RACING :ph34r: I CAN SEE THAT POOR DEAD HORSE GETTING BEAT AGAIN

AND BY THE WAY THE COST OF MY MOTOR ITS FOR SALE ANYTIME 4000.0 U :lol: CANT EVEN BUY A CRATE MOTOR FOR THAT :lol: SO THOSE R NOT TRUE FACTS U CAN BUY A MOTOR FOR A MOD FOR 7000.00 NEW AND A SPORT MOD MOTOR WELL LOTS MORE SO SOME OF THOSE FACTS OR JUST MADE UP THEY ADVERTISE THOSE PRICES SO LETS GET THAT STRAIGHT :lol: AND ON A DRY SLICK TRACK U HARDLY EVER GET INT OTHE SECONDARIES IM JUST GUESSING :lol: THOSE USMTS CARS AND DRIVERS WOULD BE A BLAST TO WATCH IVE TRIED A FEW TIMES BUT NO MATCH THERE ;)

AND SOMEDAY Jason Campbell U CAN GET ONE TOGETHER AGAIN AND COME RACE ;):ph34r::ph34r:

Yeah but i don't see that happening anytime soon. Work hours got cut and now i'n focusing on my sons quarter midget racing. Modified is the way to go by far. They are easy to work on and fix and make many adjustments. When we thought we had a good motor and chassis when i raced mods a few times, it still wasn't enough. They are fun to drive though! Spend $200 on a few sheets of aluminum and you got a new body! It's just the motors and suspension that costs money and a good chassis.

What i'm saying is have USMTS make some shows here and there. Not eliminate IMCA mods. And for the record rebelracewriter, it's USMTS! It's supposed to be expensive! Just like any other type of racing. Thats why it's a touring series, "last time i checked". Some tracks are NOT sanctioned to IMCA. So, those mods would look for a USMTS race. It would be interesting and fun to watch and bring more income to I-37 and a crowd. It was just an idea to help on both ends of the track and fans. And do you think that guys running an IMCA motor is cheap? YOUR WRONG. The cost is up there with late models. Quick changes, falcon and brinn trans, a good 2011 Harris 4 bar chassis, motors, etc.... Last time i checked!!!!!! By the time you have a winning IMCA Modified, you just spent over $30,000. Limited mod is the only way to go as it seems, even though they are getting close to a modified inch by inch. But, every year they are changing rules that cost more. Look how much drivers want for their limited mods when they sell them. $6,000 to $12,000 AS A FRONT RUNNING ROLLER USED!!!!! This class has got out of hand on the money part. When each class races, i see no difference in speed or handling. Lots of people in the stands say, "I thought that class just raced?". LOL. Back to square one then. Another "affordable" class please. But, in racing, nothing is affordable. Not even a pure stock. You see the same guy winning every weekend in almost each class. Thats boring. But, you can't control how much money they spend on their machines either. It's like watching Nascar, Johnson wins, Johnson wins, Johnson wins...... Hendrick has money out the a$$. Nascar has lost fans and thats no joke. If you are a decent driver and have a top-of-the-line racecar and equipment, you just won before the race even started. My point is any racing is expensive. Sorry to brake it to you. But, I-37 is doing it some how with the car counts lately. Good job, keep it up!

SO MAYBE JASON WE SHOULD COMBINE THE SPORT MODS WITH THE MODS PER YOU :lol::lol:

Well, lay-offs on jobs are coming into effect again now and hours are cut for alot. Thats why the track has alot of front runners and pures. Don't cost as much. Thats where you gotta work with drivers on expensive rule specs man or cheaper entry fees. Gotta give before you take. You be surprised about the positive changes you make to get cars there and they will come if they just even have a $10 entry cut cause thats $10 that could have went to fuel to race. And if your racing for points, forget it. Like i said, the guy with the bucks or backing, will win a title or alot of races. These days, it narrows it down big time with the economy. I would expect Henley, Jason Borlace, and Reyes to win a title or have lots of wins this year or last year. They are good maybe the best in their class, but they don't have the loaded pockets for this.

I don't have much say in this, but will throw my two cents in. I some what disagree with having more money is going to win more titles and races. I know how much money is in my car and it's not alot at all I went to junkyard after junkyard looking for parts for the car, the car is well built and is worked on week after week even if I win on a Saturday night there's always somthing to do. I think hard work and dedication will beat money anyday, I don't want to make anyone mad but it's jmo.

I don't have much say in this, but will throw my two cents in. I some what disagree with having more money is going to win more titles and races. I know how much money is in my car and it's not alot at all I went to junkyard after junkyard looking for parts for the car, the car is well built and is worked on week after week even if I win on a Saturday night there's always somthing to do. I think hard work and dedication will beat money anyday, I don't want to make anyone mad but it's jmo.

Let me rephrase that, money with the right driver wins races

Archived