Rio Grande Speedway 6/5/2010 Feature results

Here are the results from the A-mains @ Rio Grande Speedway, Mcallen, Tx, from 6/5/2010

3hp Karts

JR

17g

SR

Thunder Carz

13 Pancho Hedfelt

00 Kevin Schach

22 Randell Kohrt (on all 4 wheels)

49 Aaron Jamison

14 David Sheffield

21 Abel Solis

5 Mark Fantich

46 Austin Bratten

30 Kelsie Elhardt

77 GB Carter (self-dq'd)

Puro Stocks

21 AJ Solis

44 BJ Moravtiz

88 Chris Brandt

48 Jared Maupin

93 Melanie Brandt

78 Jerry Mize

18 Sara Sweeten

31 Brian Hoke

08 Roger Arbogast

Limited Modifed

87 Adam Schach

91 Bobby Maupin

17a Adan Arumbula

55 Jamie Schach

1D James Droddy

38 Chris Brandt

32 Carlos Chavez

17 Larry Sbrusch(sp?)

J1 Jim Heatherly

13 Glen Johnson Sr

9B Brandon Blaylock

A11 Ricky Long

I told them that HOT had helped me on set up and that was it :lol::lol:

Seriously though it was a selfish move on my part.The CC guys know how much greif I had last year even to catching on fire leading my last race there.So I took my CC car to RGS thinking no one would notice.I did not think it would do well on dry slick but did not want to drive 6 hours again for another DNF.To my surprise Johnny ( the owner and track prepairer ) gave us a heavy and super fast track so the CC car ran like asphalt.I won but couldnt bear winning by default.The CC car has a race cam and RGS does not approve them.The RGS Thunder guys are a terrific bunch and I ran their butts off.The 13 car was the real winner of the legal entyies so I forfited,he earned it.It was his first win and the look on his face was worth more than any win for me.I did apoligise to them but now I know my CC car is ready to race.I make a lousy cheater.

There is a lot to like about this track, not to mention there are a couple Hooters nearby. There is an excellent safety team, nice level pits, not-so-nice pit pee pots, super smooth and racey, and a couple of Hooters nearby. Is it worth the trip? I dunno, but you owe it to yourself to find out, I know I'll be back! Might even see if there's a Hooters nearby....

Archived