PRO4 RACE AT CC SPEEDWAY

txtwister

I guess its about choice.A person who wants to advance their racing will look at what is really moving up.With all the choices its hard to justify an expensive 4 cyl class without a huge base of less expensive cars to draw from.Thats what Pro Sedands are still.I know I enjoyed the times when I raced with them knowing I was an underdog as far as my car.The best car counts for Pro Sedans was when CC had lots of 4 cyls racing every week.Many gained the confidence to try the upper level.

As far as this moving up thing,I dont agree.What really is moving up?Going to a division where you spend money relentlessly doesnt mean the racing is any better.When the rules at CC were re-written you may have forgotten that without an alternative there would have been no 4 cyl cars at all.The track was tired of all the fighting and the poor car count.There were 4 race cars and 4 Thunder cars left when I came back.The race cars were almost a second faster than the top class,Super Streets.The ministocks were doomed regardless.All I did was give management a set of rules from Rio Grande Speedway which was enjoying success and still are.I did not want 4 cyl racing to disappear from CC like it has many other places.Many people from Thunders and minis have moved "up" and you can see their names in modified and sport mod lineups.The Sport Mod class is the most successful class racing today and guess what_its a downgraded modified with less racing parts so it costs less.Thats where your lower level drivers will "move up to".It depends on what you want from racing if this really is a move up.There are not many carrear drivers around here.

OT,your time management argument also supports Thunder car racing.These cars dont require every spare moment.And with a weekly program you race when you want.Go to ball games when you want.With a 10 race year you cant miss one.With a 24 race year you can.

I never consider Thunder cars a beginner class.And I dont think its fair to demean these drivers by saying their less than other drivers.Its a place for people who race for fun,dont want to make it their life,dont want to overspend,can be creative with lots of car choices and the competetion is as good as anywhere.Sure it a great place to begin but it also a great place to stay.Make your list of who has moved up and is winning races in other classes.If there is any,are they better off? How much can you get from racing anyway?I found that Thunder cars are as rewarding as any other class anywhere.And cearntly are easy to do.The best part?They are racing right now.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT AND OR HAVE LIKED THOSE WORDS BEGINNERS CLASS . ALL CLASSES ARE BEGINNERS PERSAY . .YOU WORK AS HARD OR HARDER TO MAKE THOSE LITTLE CARS GO AROUND THE TRACK AS FAST OR FASTER THAN LARGER CARS .IT TAKES REALLY GOOD DRIVEING SKILLS ALONG WITH OTHER SKILLS TO HANDLE SOME OF THE CHOICE CARS ...FWD YOU NEED STRONG ARMS ..RWD YOU NEED A GOOD RIGHT FOOT .LOL .. JUST TO NAME A COUPLE ...SOME OF THOSE CARS HAVE ALOT OF POWER AND SHORT WHEELBASE . MAKES FOR SOME WILD DRIVER INPUT .. I AGREE SOME REALLY FINE RACERS HAVE COME FROM MINNI.S POORBOY FOR ONE ..

my history teacher this last year was big on politics and hes not racist but he did mention that we dont get paid as much as northern states because there are so many illegals taking some jobs that legal american should have first chance shots at getting but they are not getting them... that is money some people arents getting that could help them with there teams car or cars depending on the position if there is more pay

jmo

GB. this is what you said i said about our thunder drivers.

"I dont think its fair to demean these drivers by saying their less than other drivers."

This is what i actually said:

"i got to know some of our local thunder drivers, their crews and their families over the last few months and i promise you most of them will "move up" in the next couple of years. It might not be to a pro4 but they will move up. They have too much passion not to.

i wasn't only complimenting the drivers, but also their crews, and families.

Please quit putting words in my mouth.

my history teacher this last year was big on politics and hes not racist but he did mention that we dont get paid as much as northern states because there are so many illegals taking some jobs that legal american should have first chance shots at getting but they are not getting them... that is money some people arents getting that could help them with there teams car or cars depending on the position if there is more pay

jmo

Your history teacher needs to teach "History" instead of "Economics".

Your history teacher needs to teach "History" instead of "Economics".

this history teacher has a point there ... i have found that to be true . but not all the case ..i know i have been turned down for jobs becuz of it . why pay me what you should and what its worth when you can pay someone that can do the job cheaper from some other country ...... i worked in sa back in the 80.s and the pay scale was lower for heavy equipment operators than here in cc ...buy three dallors an hour ..why lulac came along and made these companys hire lower standard operators .therefore the pay scale was lower ... i lived it ....some other poeple i know moved up to sa and also went through the same thing ..that is history that still lives today ...only in a much larger scale ......why are the big companys moving over to other countrys ... economics .....

this history teacher has a point there ... i have found that to be true . but not all the case ..i know i have been turned down for jobs becuz of it . why pay me what you should and what its worth when you can pay someone that can do the job cheaper from some other country ...... i worked in sa back in the 80.s and the pay scale was lower for heavy equipment operators than here in cc ...buy three dallors an hour ..why lulac came along and made these companys hire lower standard operators .therefore the pay scale was lower ... i lived it ....some other poeple i know moved up to sa and also went through the same thing ..that is history that still lives today ...only in a much larger scale ......why are the big companys moving over to other countrys ... economics .....

Waah, Waah, Waah....shut up and drive. I pray I don't see the day that all I have to look forward to is waiting for Sunday's NASCAR race. If it's to expensive, sell it, someone will gladly take it off your hands and do what it was intended to do.....RACE!!!!!!!!!!!! If I wanted to learn about history and economics, I'd go to an official educational website for it. Relax guys, I'm not trying to be a horse's you know what, I'm just saying...I'll quote top dog "Hell let's go racing!"

Waah, Waah, Waah....shut up and drive. I pray I don't see the day that all I have to look forward to is waiting for Sunday's NASCAR race. If it's to expensive, sell it, someone will gladly take it off your hands and do what it was intended to do.....RACE!!!!!!!!!!!! If I wanted to learn about history and economics, I'd go to an official educational website for it. Relax guys, I'm not trying to be a horse's you know what, I'm just saying...I'll quote top dog "Hell let's go racing!"

thats the ticket!!!!!!!!!!!! i say bring it on the 23rd. ALL CLASSES!

tim i was following ozzy's spelling ..i wanted to see if i could spell his way

Sure you were! Just like a bunch of lemmings, falling off the side of a cliff. Just don't let any of your younger kids hang out here. There is definitely some bad grammar and spelling going on. Keeps it interesting I guess. :lol:

tim i was following ozzy's spelling ..i wanted to see if i could spell his way

Sure you were! Just like a bunch of lemmings, falling off the side of a cliff. Just don't let any of your younger kids hang out here. There is definitely some bad grammar and spelling going on. Keeps it interesting I guess. :lol:

lol he spelled IT wrong before too

its because he didnt come and ask me how to spell it

MOTOR WONT BE BACK TOGETHER ..YOU ALL HAVE FUN .

What do you mean motor wont be back together? I thought nothing stopped you guys from racing. I'm bringing my #9 to Corpus this weekend ( gonna put the Boy in it ) haven't got released from the doctor to race yet. Hopefully I'll be cleared by the 30th. Lets Go Racing!!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r:

Archived