Pay Out

michelle84

Well put Chuck. I won't add to it unless this guy has some more words of wisdom. [edited out by Nick Holt, 3/13/08] I don't even remember seeing or hearing the name Pat Orrick at pleasanton the last 3 years, but it could have been at the 4 races I missed in that time.

Great job to the new owners and management.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i would also like to say thanks to randy yount, the dinsmores and the torres family for coming to STS the first two races of the season.(support) thanks guys

Thanks Chuck, we really like racing at STS, just a long way from Comfort. We plan to make it down when ever we can. See you Friday

For one to even start a comment as 00 did is an insult!.I understand that all want to know the pay.. if its little,we have a choice.. But i hope the stands are full as i hope that there are many race cars in the pits.. I understand the leadership is all new.. i know that some things will go wrong..but please answer a question with a clean answer.. 00, you are going to HURT CAR COUNT, before the track opens with those remarks!!To our friends from the south,, this was not Cassie or a track rep that made those remarks...PLEASE COME TO SUPPORT!!... i know that when sas closed,it did little for i37.... so i would hope that management takes care of what has been there...hope to see many this friday.... KEEP POSITIVE from the STUPED remarks.... and NICK HOLT,why would you post it for him?? it made it look like he is management from your end....Frank Torres////a 35 year supporter of local racing..former sas chief tech and former i37 g. m...good day...

The payoput matters as to how much a racer has to pay to race, not how much he is going to win. It will cost me about $75 just to get there, another $25 to get in(I think) and about $40 for fuel for the race car. The payout is a loser for most of us but it does help the hurt. I could not go for $0 period and the closer it gets to that depends on how often I come. I can make more money leaving the car in the garage but it is not as much fun, how much I have to pay for fun is the issue.

For one to even start a comment as 00 did is an insult!.I understand that all want to know the pay.. if its little,we have a choice.. But i hope the stands are full as i hope that there are many race cars in the pits.. I understand the leadership is all new.. i know that some things will go wrong..but please answer a question with a clean answer.. 00, you are going to HURT CAR COUNT, before the track opens with those remarks!!To our friends from the south,, this was not Cassie or a track rep that made those remarks...PLEASE COME TO SUPPORT!!... i know that when sas closed,it did little for i37.... so i would hope that management takes care of what has been there...hope to see many this friday.... KEEP POSITIVE from the STUPED remarks.... and NICK HOLT,why would you post it for him?? it made it look like he is management from your end....Frank Torres////a 35 year supporter of local racing..former sas chief tech and former i37 g. m...good day...

Frank

You are right on with your comments

We all that have supported racing at 37 past and present should

take that post Mr Holt put on this board as a personal BASH

Big Al

Nothing better then to come in after working all day to pay for a hobby and lifestyle to read some dumbasses statement because he didnt take his meds this morning. 95% of what is posted towards I37 is constructive critism for the betterment of the track. Alot of us have gone down the road they are just starting too so our advise isnt BS! Now because none of us are English majors it may come across alittle rough at times but points are being made and progress is moving forward. I am excited about the track excited enough to go buy 6 first place trophies for this weekend and possibly more down the road. So bite me and everyone that took offense to your BS! You can edit me all day Nick, boy that crap should of never been posted. Espicially after the track did exactly what everyone was requesting. So far they are coming through and stepping up for everyone. [edited out by Nick Holt, 3/14/08]

I'm sure I deserve the critisizm. I guess I just didn't read it carefully enough to figure out that Mr. Orrik was bashing someone. Who was he bashing anyway? When I read it I thought it was a post to defend the track and it's new owners/management team.

But, I appreciate those of you who wrote me hate mail in private. It makes me feel a whole lot better to be called nasty, vile, filthy, disgusting names in private rather than in public.

But I am going to ask again that if you have a problem with the way I try to do my job, please take it up with me in private.

Thanks.

Nick

...and NICK HOLT,why would you post it for him?? it made it look like he is management from your end....

Frank, I posted for him because he sent me an email and asked me to post it for him. Just like I would for you and just as I have for others on numerous occasions.

Nick

Hey Nick one question, are you going to come watch us race? Would like to see you.

Harlin #60 super/stock

I would love to come to I-37 to watch the races tomorrow, but I have family obligations this Friday evening. Sorry, but thanks for the invite, Harlin!

I plan on going soon, though, if for no other reason than to see my name proudly displayed on the side of Randy Borlace's car. See the pic below taken at STS last weekend and sent to me by a friend looking to cover my back.

Nick

post-3-1205461076_thumb.jpg

...randy and nick ..print some t shirts ...

Naw... Joey's got that product line covered already..

BTW, Joey, I you never did get me an "all involved" tee shirt that you made in my honor a while back... LOL

Nick

I'm more impressed that Nick was able to take that pic from a camera phone and put it on the internet as that pic has been circulating on peoples cells for a little while now.

I'm not that much of a Techie, Jason, so no need to be impressed.

As I said, I obtained that pic via an email attachment from the person who actually took it who did not share what sort of camera they were using at the time.

But, if you'd rather make up your version, be my guest. LOL

Nick

Archived