Just talked to Nell

Meester Dennis

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This track is in dier need of a bomber class ...

I don't know how you want to differentiate this proposed "bomber" class from the Pure Stocks, but from a fan's view, the track does not need any more classes. All that will do is further dilute the car count in the existing local (meaning non-IMCA) classes, leading to less of a show in each class. I think the existing Pure Stock class is "bomber" enough.

I applaud you for suggesting something to try to help the track - I just think it's not the right idea.

Well tell that to STS they are doing well with the new bomber class and they even get creative with it starting them 3 wide and have special hot dog races with it. Its been a fan favorite. They do this w/o hurting the Pure Stocks as they have an impressive pure stock count each week. There could be a hugh difference in class. Mandate the rules for driver with passenger. 70 series tires, strickly stock motor, and only a 6 point cage. Most race tracks have this class and quite frankly there are a few pure stock drivers that should race in that class and graduate from it before going back into pures. All the tracks with in 4 to 5 hours are running Enduros this coming year as THR is running a $10,000 to win show. I would think those guys are going to run in between those enduro shows. Heres the best point of all. If they made some money with this class then they might be able to afford the limited and modified purses and keep those classes alittle longer maybe.

Buttom line if they continue running it the way they have no new class will help anything, so things would have to change for this to work as well.

I hope I-37 opens and I would be willing to help any way I can, it would be good to have 2 tracks running IMCA in South Texas, we need at least that for someone to get a chance to finish well in the points. As far as the Street / Super argument, that is a tough one, we had 42 different Hobby's show up last season way more than we ever had when it was split classes. I can say I have been through it and it is a tough deal for everyone, hope it all works out for the better.

Anything I can do to help give me a call.

Owen Pittman

STS

that right there is the difference, no offense to nell, but all this track needs is someone to care about it. Someone to throw a fun event out there every once in awhile and to promote, hell maybe even have a webpage to visit or a phone to call if there are any questions. But we cant even dig up an email address and the only info we get is word of mouth. The location of the track is very nice, it just needs someone who cares about putting on a show

nobody will take the reigns and tell us when and where to show up for help though, thats pretty much the biggest problem, we have the driver support and everything that comes with it, we just dont know when we can get into the track to help clean up or set up

Just spoke with Nell, she said she has several people looking at the track, but if it doesn't sell by April she will be opening. The track will be ran on Friday nights, it will be IMCA. Pure stock and IMCA rules will be the same, and due to low car count street stocks and supers will combine.===========Rules are being worked on =============Nell would also like to know if their is any interest in having a playdate on Saturday, December 29th. I will let her know how many people have responded and she will make a decision based on response.

At this time that is all the info. I have. I will keep everyone posted as I find out more.

Dennis Hilla

Who is working on these rules? about how soon will they be out? It's already pretty late to be making changes...Is it set in stone about combining classes?

any news about possible new owners?????

With STS going IMCA 08 could be the best season I-37 has had in a very long while, if they get busy and get with Owen on the stock classes. Can not wait to the last minute. Get the rules ironed out then worry about a play day. Lots to do very little time ;) JMO. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A MERRY XMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

I am pretty sure that if enough cars show up to race then the classes won't be combined. Where were they at before. If there is no action but changing weight on some then it is easy to change back on a moments notice. I get mad and leave and get barred but if the track needs me to stay open then I will be there for nothing if needed, at least for a while.

Ok for you guys that run street stock what your saying is you cant run with superstock?? From a racer and owner of a 10in tire car the speed of both classes are about the same. tone up streets and tone down the supers. Eather way if you dont like it dont run how many streets can say they were legal motor last year when a I-stock came from Austin with a bag of trick and still could not catch the camaros....in the street stock. As for you guys that run superstock come on do you want to run with the same 8 cars. Wake up if this track dont make it you may have to travel south or north with 8in tires. Do as you please On the other had our super stock will not run this year. Now the option with the supers to keep the gears the same we need to try to open the tire rule to run the E-mod tire they come in two sizes not much from what you run now...Hell if you still feel the same ask Mr. Richard he run 8 in tires and has run up frount at times and never crys about it.......Guys by going to a 8in tire,IMCA, you will pull car from STS we need to pull for our rules to match theres so if this track closes we have a chance to run at STS and be competitive.

If they need to merge the classes then they need to simply adopt STS hobby rules. The "working on the rules" comment made has me worried for both the classes. There is nothing to work on just copy them and be done with it so we all can get to work. I am aware of the speed of both classes. The issue is not speed its being competitive enough to be able to pass not play follow the leader. If we are 2 to 3 mph slower then there is no chance of competing. STS hobby rules are pretty darn close giving us a good chance to win against a faster class of car and thats all I want to see.

Ok for you guys that run street stock what your saying is you cant run with superstock?? From a racer and owner of a 10in tire car the speed of both classes are about the same. tone up streets and tone down the supers. Eather way if you dont like it dont run how many streets can say they were legal motor last year when a I-stock came from Austin with a bag of trick and still could not catch the camaros....in the street stock. As for you guys that run superstock come on do you want to run with the same 8 cars. Wake up if this track dont make it you may have to travel south or north with 8in tires. Do as you please On the other had our super stock will not run this year. Now the option with the supers to keep the gears the same we need to try to open the tire rule to run the E-mod tire they come in two sizes not much from what you run now...Hell if you still feel the same ask Mr. Richard he run 8 in tires and has run up frount at times and never crys about it.......Guys by going to a 8in tire,IMCA, you will pull car from STS we need to pull for our rules to match theres so if this track closes we have a chance to run at STS and be competitive.

That I-Stock "bag of trick" was in strict compliance with I-stock rules -- 350 CFM carburetor. That's what slowed it down immensely (besides the driver). Randy will tell you how much a 350 carb slows a car. Nonetheless, it still caught some of the Camaros some of the time.

Don in Austin

Archived