Poor Mike Riley

Jason

This tells me that you would rather drink beer than race..

THATS A STUPID STAEMENT, WE RACE FIRST THEN HAVE A BEER OR TWO, dont think anyone said lets all have a beer and then go race.

Randy , you said a big ol tall beer, that will bring oldguy out of the woods for sure, wont it,lol,lol :D:rolleyes:

No need to yell...

I stand by what I said. If you won't go to a race because you can't have a beer afterwards, I think you have stated what you would rather do.

And it ain't race.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[i stand by what I said. If you won't go to a race because you can't have a beer afterwards, I think you have stated what you would rather do.

And it ain't race.

Rosie, I dont think anyone said they would rather drink than race. Theirs only one thing better than that and thats a toss up. A couple after though (in moderation). I also don't think people will quit going if you can't have a beer afterwards.

This tells me that you would rather drink beer than race..

THATS A STUPID STAEMENT, WE RACE FIRST THEN HAVE A BEER OR TWO, dont think anyone said lets all have a beer and then go race.

Randy , you said a big ol tall beer, that will bring oldguy out of the woods for sure, wont it,lol,lol :D:rolleyes:

No need to yell...

I stand by what I said. If you won't go to a race because you can't have a beer afterwards, I think you have stated what you would rather do.

And it ain't race.

No. You go to a track that is more racer freindly.

Harlin

All this fuss over Mike Riley..........I knew he was special but this already has 3 pages and 2185 views. Well at least he has my picture in his car which slows it waaaayyyy down. :lol: Maybe it's that crew chief of his that makes him so popular? :o Subway and Budweiser. What a combo. Maybe if I had a picture of Riley in my car.........See ya Saturday Mike. $1000 to win. Better have your "A" game, should be a packed house. I think my kids have one of those pics you give out. I'll try it in hot laps.

RULE'S ARE RULE'S , GOOD FOR SOME , BAD FOR OTHERS !!! DON'T LET THIS LITTLE RULE GET EVERYONE SO DOWN ON THE OWNER !!! I,M SURE POOR LITTLE RILEY WILL MAKE-UP FOR IT THIS COMING WEEKEND.......SOUNDS LIKE THEY HAVE PLANS IN THE WORKING ALREADY .. HE HAD TO GET BUD TO SPONSOR HIM SO HE WOULD'NT GO BROKE , BUYING BEER FOR THAT CREW MEMBER SUBWAY-EAT FRESH.

EAT FRESH RILEY !!!! B)B)<_<

:ph34r:

Saturday night at the races was a great thing to see after spending my last 15 months in the middle east. I would have loved to have had a cold beer with all those people who sent care packages and DVD's to me and my troops in IRAQ. I shared them to the point that the DVD's were getting scratched at the end. Coming back and seeing the "NO BEER RULE" in the pits was a big dis-appointment.

I have contacted several (5 to be exact) commercial insurance companies that stated, for an event like this there would be no additional cost for racers having a few in the pits. The liability is exactly the same as selling beer and letting people drink it in the stands.

Only in the pits, they don't have any stairs or ramps to worry about falling down after having. Who ever said it was because of the insurance is full of it! The internet is a wonderful thing

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (Home in CC) :ph34r:

Saturday night at the races was a great thing to see after spending my last 15 months in the middle east. I would have loved to have had a cold beer with all those people who sent care packages and DVD's to me and my troops in IRAQ. I shared them to the point that the DVD's were getting scratched at the end. Coming back and seeing the "NO BEER RULE" in the pits was a big dis-appointment.

I have contacted several (5 to be exact) commercial insurance companies that stated, for an event like this there would be no additional cost for racers having a few in the pits. The liability is exactly the same as selling beer and letting people drink it in the stands.

Only in the pits, they don't have any stairs or ramps to worry about falling down after having. Who ever said it was because of the insurance is full of it! The internet is a wonderful thing

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (Home in CC) :ph34r:

First,thank you for coming and enjoying the races,second,Im the one who said insurance limits us, dont recall you at the table with me during the insurance phase of track ownership,however it is a shame that the issue of beer is more important than a place to race,thats the true disappointment...BUT thank you for your service to our country,i did my time too...

All this fuss over Mike Riley..........I knew he was special but this already has 3 pages and 2185 views. Well at least he has my picture in his car which slows it waaaayyyy down. :lol: Maybe it's that crew chief of his that makes him so popular? :o Subway and Budweiser. What a combo. Maybe if I had a picture of Riley in my car.........See ya Saturday Mike. $1000 to win. Better have your "A" game, should be a packed house. I think my kids have one of those pics you give out. I'll try it in hot laps.

RULE'S ARE RULE'S , GOOD FOR SOME , BAD FOR OTHERS !!! DON'T LET THIS LITTLE RULE GET EVERYONE SO DOWN ON THE OWNER !!! I,M SURE POOR LITTLE RILEY WILL MAKE-UP FOR IT THIS COMING WEEKEND.......SOUNDS LIKE THEY HAVE PLANS IN THE WORKING ALREADY .. HE HAD TO GET BUD TO SPONSOR HIM SO HE WOULD'NT GO BROKE , BUYING BEER FOR THAT CREW MEMBER SUBWAY-EAT FRESH.

EAT FRESH RILEY !!!! B)B)<_<

First off 26, Bud and subway go great together and maybe I can scrounge up a pic of Riley for you, I'm sure it would break your kids' hearts' to give theres up, lol! As for you slidewayz...your right, Mike had no choice but to go after Bud. See everyone Saturday night (well probably not everyone on here).

I'm sure glad Talladega Nights didn't get ahold of this.

I BBQ almost every week at STS. My wife still goes to the concession for her and the kids. It's just for us to snack on during and after the races. This week we don't even need to bring the pit. I haven't been to a dirt track yet that didn't allow bbq pits in the pits.

Racer26 Posted Today, 01:19 PM

I haven't been to a dirt track yet that didn't allow bbq pits in the pits.

Is that why they call it the pits? Or were BBQ pits named after the pits? :unsure:

i took it as a joke.....

but then again i could be biast,,,,i like jason , i don't brow beat him every time he posted.

this is racing not rocket surgery,,,,,,,we've all become so prim and propper that that we can't be sarcastic? we all take are selfs so serious that we feel insulted if the comment made is not a compiliment? lighten up,,,,,if you think the world revolves around you then go find a cure for cancer....bring peace to the middle east , part the red sea ,or walk on water......until that time have a sense of humor

AMEN...."Can't we all get along?"

:lol:

...I enjoyed a sip after the races....

LMFAO! That's what you call it GB!!?? Then why the GALLON MUG!!!!???? :lol:

G.B you need to run with the Super Streets your car is way to fast for anyone on that track last night in the Thunders. Will has a fast car and i dont think he even stood a chance at beating you. Heck I dont think I have a chance at beating your car. Its funny cause last time we watched you race your car didnt sound like that at all and as soon as a fast car is in the picture that VW becomes a rocket ship. Oldtimer your cars dont even stand a chance. I might just have to see how fast my car really is in the weeks to come. Good race though. Dont take this personal its not to down grade you or any other car out there. ;)

NOT TAKEN ANYTHING PERSONAL TIM ..HE HAS A VERY FAST CAR .AND YOU CANT TAKE THAT AWAY ....YOUR JUST ALITTLE OFF WITH US NOT HAVEING ANYTHING FOR HIM ..IT WILL TAKE US SOME RACES TO CATCH UP WITH NEW SET UPS FOR STREET TIRES .SLICKS HE HAS TO CHASE US ... CAR SET UP FOR THOSE ..BUT YOU CAN HELP US GET UP TO HIM WHEN WE BRING OUT THE OTHER CAR WITH TIRE PRESSURE AND SUCH ..HAVE OUR WORK CUT OUT ...THE 28 DID WHAT WE WANTED HER TO DO ..FIRST NIGHT OUT IN OVER TWO YEARS .NEW SET UP .NEW TYPE OF TIRES .NEW MOTOR .BENT FRAME .SHE DIDNT HIT THE THROTTLE ALL THE WAY DOWN .ALL NIGHT .AND THAT WAS A GOOD THING .MEANS I DIDNT HAVE TO WORK ON BROKEN OR BENT PARTS .SO WE HAD A GOOD NIGHT AND A FUN ONE ..FRIDAY NIGHT THAT CAR WOULD NOT TURN WITH OUT SPINNING EVEN AT SLOW SPEED . IT CAME ALONG WAY SATERDAY AFTER ADJUSTMENTS ...STILL SOME WORK TO DO ..BUT WE WILL GET IT THERE ...ANYWAY WIN THAT CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE DIRT AND THEN YOU CAN PLAY WITH US ..

Mike,

Just HOW LONG does it take to set up a car!!!??? Dude, you've been saying that for the past two years!!! C'mon now, with your racing experience at CCS, set-up should be like putting on your pants....unless you're still trying to get that right too!!! :D j/k

Ok... all of you are looking at this wrong....No beer in the pits...ok, no big deal. I prefer scotch and good cigar...GB, you like wine and some funny cigarettes LMAO!!, Will, Todd, Carl, and some others will just have to get accustomed to hard liquor...I'll have the margarita machine in full swing next week! :huh::blink:

Ok... all of you are looking at this wrong....No beer in the pits...ok, no big deal. I prefer scotch and good cigar...GB, you like wine and some funny cigarettes LMAO!!, Will, Todd, Carl, and some others will just have to get accustomed to hard liquor...I'll have the margarita machine in full swing next week! :huh::blink:

i think you are home sick ..and you have been in the houston sun to long .

One afternoon at Cheers, Cliff Clavin was explaining the BuffaloTheory to

>his buddy Norm.

>Here's how it went:

>

>"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as

>fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the

>slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first This natural

>selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and

>health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the

>weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as

>fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know,

>kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain

>cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the

>weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

>That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

>

>WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering

>when you are not

Archived