CCMS Night of Destruction II

slysnake

Just wanted to say thanks to the "ghetto lords" Todd "phishy, phishy, phishy" Evans, BJ "peeled right front" Terry, & Will "the closest juicer" Robertson for allowing me the opportunity to race with you one last time!

A a HUGE SPECIAL THANKS goes out to my man "Ratty" Carl, car owner, chef extrodinaire, pit crew, cheer leader, crew chief, and everything else for recruiting me out of retirement one last time at 3:00am in the morning with several beers! Tell your daugthers the trophy is coming! BTW Carl, you really ought to get that indention out of the side of the car! Thanks again Carl! You the man!!!

Rick Russell (ret.) #9

"The Shark" aka

"Shark Boy"

aka #44 VW Farm Truck

PS To all the drivers out there last night...I felt like an aluminum can rolling around with a bunch of 16# bowling balls...talk about pucker factor....and damn guys...your cars are TALL!!!! LOL

And to those who are wondering how I faired after the wild ride on the jet ski...a few bruises, cuts, and tad of a headache!!!!! LOL

The action figure will be on sale in toy stores near you in time for Christmas!!! Complete with realistic light-up cigar & Bud Select Beer Can (beer not included, I drank it!)

:D

So what happend? You fell off. Where is your trailer and what was it like out there with all those crazy racers trying to take you out? You still look pretty good for what you just went through LOL! It sure looked alot worse than it realy was. But what is wrong with your foot!

Rick, welding a trailer hitch to a honda is like welding a trailer ball to a beer can LOL! Its a good thing we used the safety chains or all those big cars would have had there way with that ski, but that proly would have been pretty cool!

Now you really can say that everyone got a peice of the 42 this year, Even Doc. I still say that was one heck of a magic trick. You see the 42, now you don't and some how Bj came out of that with Stunt man Rick still on. LOL

Thank's for letting me hang out with you guy's this year, had Ton's of Fun.

Charly (grasshopper) york

congrats rick on the enduro, you did a super job. it was hard getting used to being in the rocking chair with those 3500 # cars. those guys taught me to respect them right off the bat, they were not messing around. the yellow station wagon popped me on lap 3 and i thought stars were falling cause thats all i saw, but my little weedeater just kept going. i wish they would have let me play longer, i was having a blast before i got dq'ed. we will just try again next year. charly thanks for hanging out and helping thisyear , one thing for sure no matter what happen'd all year we allways turned into fun. good job bj pulling rick on his jet ski, you put on a good show. rick its ok, chicks dig scars. thanks will for helping us all week long preparing for destruction nite. we did not win anything but we had fun and those guys sure knew we were there.

:o Why were you DQed?Were you outrunning those V8 cars?Or did someone halfway through the race realize you were outweighed?We know how dangerious that would be by reading all the comments about the Kahonies race.Had I known 4 cyl were allowed I could have found something.All I saw was 110" wheelbase.I raced a Karman Ghia against hobbie stocks back in 1974,it was fun but they didnt like it.They said I had an unfair advantage.They had a game they called "CRUSH THE BUG " but I could outmanaver them or take them into the corner too fast for them to make it.My average finish was 3rd and got paid for it.Merle Shepard was running Edinburgh Speedway at that time and eventually pulled me out of the class,worried for my safty.The hobbies were built with drill stem and weighed close to 4000#s.At the end of the season they had a RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG race.A Karman Ghia owned by Mike Gebheart from Corpus : with a 2180 won his heat and looked good to win the whole deal.He started on the pole for the feature but Steve Thompson started right behind him and in true hobbie fasion,he noticed the KG had a long exaust header comming from beneath the rear.He remarked " I wonder how that VW will run with a pinched off exaust "Sure enough,just before the start,Steve hit the Ghia in the rear and smashed the exaust closed.The entire pack of cars,around 22,passed the VW on both sides.On the back straightaway the VW looked like the Armidillo Car Lone Star beer was using for commercials.It was bent everywhere,wheels wobbling,wiggeling up and down.I think every car took a shot at him.They were not going to let a 4 cyl show them up.He was the fastest car on the track but wasnt tough enough.Funniest thing I ever saw even though I was rooting for the VW.The winner?Some guy from Corpus in a purple car.His name was Rick Rapp. :ph34r: Congrats to you Rick,glad you didnt meet the Armidillo. Thumper

gb, it was a total blast, i missed the whole 110 inch wheelbase thing. we were so busy pulling that car out of creek and putting it together. i just thought it had to be a car meant to be desructed and have a punch pole in the center with some steel on the door, my stupid mistake . it had a full cage, schedule 40 pipe so i knew it was safe and we did take some licks. i could see some guys in front me go from the bottom and turn right just to taco someone, i knew my time was coming. that what the race was intended for and it made a heck of a show for the fans........... one great night, there should be more of those. the stands were loaded full of people, have not seen that since last year.

Hey Rick, congratz on that good finish in the enduro. That was alot of fun last night and we all had a blast! And the jet ski thing was "priceless"....... I will let you finish this one.

neon will

-gas to make 25 mile trip to the "secret shop" - $7.50

-beer for refreshments - $15.99

-staying up until 6:45am in the morning after being asked to drive AND having an action figure named after you...priceless

for everything else...there's the enduro! :lol::lol:

it was hard getting used to being in the rocking chair with those 3500 # cars. those guys taught me to respect them right off the bat, they were not messing around. the yellow station wagon popped me on lap 3 and i thought stars were falling cause thats all i saw, but my little weedeater just kept going. i wish they would have let me play longer, i was having a blast before i got dq'ed.

The officials did not think that it was right for a 2100lbs honda to be on the track trying to luch a 3500lbs station wagon. you have got to admit it's not right, but it was fun to watch! :D

The officials did not think that it was right for a 2100lbs honda to be on the track trying to luch a 3500lbs station wagon.  you have got to admit it's not right, but it was fun to watch! :D

LMAO...yes, it was funny...like a monkey trying to #$%^ a football! (No offense Jason!)

Like an aluminum can trying to move a 16# bowling ball...all you heard was "tink.....tink....tink...." :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived