THUNDERISM

honda 46

calling all thunder cars, our class has really progressed over the past year, everybody is running faster and faster. i have been getting calls from people wanting to join us next year for some thunder fun. there are many cars now running low 16,s. EVANS AUTO SALES just called me. he said he is putting up a crispy one hundred dollar bill for the first person under thunder trim during time trials at one of the 3 shootouts next year to bust into the 15,s. come on lets take his money guys! ps, radio check, gb you got your ears on? you shake the trees we,ll rake the leaves. if gb hits it first you have to donate 100% to the charity of your choice. i don,t know maybe the blackberry wine association or something lol.

Did somebody say money?????I do think its possible.Looking at possibly a 15.97.Lots of variables,weather,track surface etc.I do know a great charity,the OLD VOLKS home here in the Valley. :lol: Seriously though,there are a couple of items to be concerned with.Although I have not heard anything,this is the time of year someone wants to rewrite the rulebook to "make it more fair "I dont know what that means considering 4 completely different kinds of cars won races and 3 different brands in the top 3 in points.Im confident our track manager will not want to fix what is not broken............. Next thing to fix is the gap between the V8 cars and the Thunder cars.I know for a fact (maybee) there are V8 drivers that are not racing now because of financial,time restraints,age or politics.They need to understand that they are welcome in Thunder racing and no one will think they are stepping down or have to proove anything.Another words Thunder racing is OK for anyone.You think we push the envelop now,wait till some really good chassis guys see what they can do with one of our cars.A modified or super street racer could take 3/10 off any car running right now.A street stock racer can find that even though we cant spend money on fancy suspension parts,we have more flexability to adjust a car by swaping pieces from the junkyard to improve handeling.The expense and time requirements are simply greatly less compaired to an equally prepaired V8.Racing an entry level thunder car is better than watching from the stands.A top level thunder car is as exciting a ride as there is.And in between there is RACING GOING ON.Everybodys racing someone. The most important thing is next years goals.Its no secret thunders have a great dispairity in speeds.Some want to modify the rules,others want to split the class,etc.The best solution is the one that not only work but will have positive influence on the entire class.I believe if we can get at least 35 cars a nite,our manager would consider having 2 completely different features,determanded by heat finishes or points or something. This way,everyone races a car more reflective of their own.We saw how this worked by changing the heat race lineups.3 really good races.Each one exciting.This happens because thunder racing has a place for everyone.And its not impossible,we only need 15 more cars.I know theres people out there who want to have fun.Everyone needs to solicit new teams.Prehaps with about 40 or more cars,there could be 2 classes of thunders,one with go getters like turbos,superchargers,etc,the factories already build them.That may be farther down the road.Major rule changes or splitting the class will be a DEATH BLOW.Who agrees the future should include more cars 2 features and more money? Start recruting boys and girls,the future is now. :ph34r: Hey BJ hows that for bs :D

i think the cars are to equal to split them up. look at the championship last weekend, rwd won the pole and a fwd won the race. in fact rwd may have won it all if the motor stayed together, that was a long race. like gb said, you can't have 2 thunder classes until you have 35 to40 cars,which could happen now that people are seeing how affordable the class is and its fast and very competitive.

I don't think there should be a split either unless there were atleast 15 to 20 cars in each class. And I do know the difference in performance between the two types. I also agree with GB that racing an "entry level" class is better than watching from the stands, racing is racing no matter what you are driving.

• 2 months later...

Moneys gone? Didnt even get to try for it.Just for that Im turning a 18 flat next time.LOL. I think EJ will get fast time next time.He has experience in SS.Could be almost anybody though,all cars are getting faster.I remember my Ghia setting fast time a couple of years ago at a 17.20 and people thought that was fast.I believe its called the evolution of racing.At the first Pro Sedan race last year I did a 16.24 with slicks.That was the rabbit,the Scirocco is faster because of a better weight balance even though it weighs 100 #s more.I do agree the door is open for whoever has the best run of the evening.Should be very intresting

Archived