Have any of our locals come back to race?

HORSEPOWER

Hey just wondering. Do any of you think if any of our local racer's make it big time, will they come back and race any special events? Well I guess we won't know unless they do. I know they don't keep a certain type of car in their program (SLM), but I'm sure some car owners will let them drive one if it's available. I know Tony Stewart, Matt Kenseth, Kevin Harvick, Ken Schrader, just to name a few, race part time or in special events when they get a chance. Bobby and Donnie Allison raced with the All Pro, I know Joe Aramendia has come back to race. Did Terry Labonte, Eddie Bierschwale, David Starr, or whoever else you might know come back and race an event. I'm not talking about TWS, but CC, SA, HMS, etc.

Guest rocketdog15

Terry Labonte came back a few times to SAS for special events back in the eighties, I believe that he was racing for J.D. Stacey at the time, and drove Eddie Bierswales car. I believe that he tried to come and race a few more special races, but was forbidden to, do to stipulations in his contract with the team owner at that time. I believe Eddie came back a few years back and ran some Allstar Race Truck races.

I'm thinking the last time Terry came back was an All-Pro race at Corpus about '83 or '84; and the TROC Races at Texas World Speedway in 85 and 86 in the Piedmont colors Firebird.

He won both those years if memory serves me.

clifford and bobby allison ran the march tx. grand prix at tws in 87 or 88? it's not alabama - so it's not coming home , more like keeping with your roots.

clifford and bobby allison ran the march tx. grand prix at tws in 87 or 88? it's not alabama - so it's not coming home , more like keeping with your roots.

Me thinks you are as big an Allison fan as I am.

And while we're talking Alabama racers, I rank Red Farmer and Neil Bonnett right up there with anyone named Allison.

Bobby ran several TROCs, got a few pictures around here, a buick, a camaro/firebird; If I can find them, I'll show them to ya at San Antonio.

i have some pictures of bobby in the buick , but i don't remember what clifford was driving?

red farmer still kicks butt from time to time.

i'm a davey fanatic , i think he ran a tws race once- i wish i could remember seeing him.

HUEYTOWN!

think he ran a tws race once

Davey used to bring the car and get it up to speed; he would work with Freddy Fryar on this. Later in the evening, Davey could be found playing pool or video games with anyone who would play with him.

No pretense or pedestal for this guy; to him, a stranger was a friend he hadn't met yet.

I still miss watching him race.

Don't remember Clifford at TROC; but he ran All Pro races at Odessa and San Antonio; at least one year was in a red and white car with gold trim and sponsored by Piper Aircraft. 12 was the number on it.

Bobby worked with Piper, even installed turboprop engines in place of piston engines on one. The work was so good, he was able to get a FAA Airworthiness Certificate for it.

Archived