time to Re-Pave CCMS

Guest The_Greek

Guest The_Greek

was out at the track the other day, and let me tell ya, the track is in sad shape, from the middle of 3-4 all the way down the front stretch its coming up, thats not to say the rest of it isnt in need but those sections are in dire need. hopefully during the offseason Doc and everyone can come up with an idea on getting the ole bullring repaved its still the best track to watch racing.

REPAVE? IT DOES LOOK kinda ruff in some areas,does anyone know how long its been

since it was last paved? sometimes when repaveing is done it can mess the side by side

action up and or completely change the way you race . would be nice to hear what the

racers think of the idea. My input would be,if it is going to get new pavement, they

should lay down a 1/10th mile(528 feet) flat oval using part of the in field and using the

1/4 mile front stretch as a front stretch for the tenth mile track. There are many oval

track kart racers in the area looking for a place to race in corpus, to me it woud be

another attraction for the speedway, and bring in more fans to support racing in corpus.

I say new pavement or not,spring for 528 feet of black top. #66 superkart

class,Coastal bend kart club.

The track surface is fine for another year or 2. The key is car and fan count and unfortunately we didn't have either this year. The track has to make good money in a season to spend the hundreds of thousands of dollars to re-pave. So Greek we need to do our part next year by being there every week and bring new people. That goes for everyone we have to save our track before we have no track.

I agree with greek there. I know its going to take ALOT of $$$$$$ but it really needs it. I walked the track last season I think and I thought it needed repaved. There was alot of pot holes and places the track was coming apart (just like Corpus streets!). lol

If it was to be repaved then it would probably have to much grip for a few years thus killing the side by side racing. It wouldn't be CCSpeedway anymore. Kind of like Darlington is Darlington because its so rough on tires. CCSpeedway is CCSpeedway because of its own unique characteristics.

3 and 4 are pretty nasty.......but like shrimp stated - it's not gonna be easy to spend the money to fix it if the financal stability is not there to justify it or help fund it.

I will agree a repaving needs to be in the near future and in my opinion these "Nights of Destruction" is just that. They are accelerating the deterioration of the track surface. You may not feel it in a big car, but zip around in a Dwarf and it will just about wear you out.

If you want to make any kind of improvements for CC I would say Paint… fresh'n up the bleachers and the walls with some paint… also the lighting particular in turn 4.. Maybe 1 light towers behind the stands in 1/2 and 3/4 would help… other than that leave the asphalt alone… racers may have to invest in some better shocks though..

well the last thing that was done to the track surface was when donnie put the seal coat down years back but i agree its needs it but if the cars and fans are not there the track wont have the money to do it but i do think they need to get the lights working the last time i went it just seemed a lot darker than it used to be

NO FANS, NO CAR COUNT = NO MONEY !! It takes money and alot of it to repave a track. I am sure as soon as the track makes enough money the track will get the repaving it needs. Everyone needs to help their local tracks to get these things done by spreading the word about the racing events going on and bring as many fans or future drivers as possible to increase the revenue so future up grading or repaving can be done ...

More people= Thunder Cars= low start up costs= more teams= more family and friends buy tickets= largest car counts,smallest purse= more money for improvements=cars can run on any surface=cars that do the least damage to surface and walls. Most needed items at CC Motor Speedway? More Thunder Cars. Anybody can race a Thunder Car no matter skill,talent or financial level.Thats how you fill the stands. :huh::o:D

Guest The_Greek

to answer a previous poster, i believe the last time the track was repaved it was in 1984 or 85 when it used to be Speedway Park, i realize the costs are great, but its something thats gonna need to happen, and happen soon, CC Speedway has been here longer than most people have been alive, and it needs a face lift.

my suggestion was to get someone in PR to contact some local asphalt companies and try to workout a sponsorship in return with some new asphalt at the track, doesnt hurt to try.

CCMS is the best place to watch racing of all the asphalt tracks in our area, it could be even better with a faster track.

Guest The_Greek
If it was to be repaved then it would probably have to much grip for a few years thus killing the side by side racing. It wouldn't be CCSpeedway anymore. Kind of like Darlington is Darlington because its so rough on tires. CCSpeedway is CCSpeedway because of its own unique characteristics.

i disagree, side by side racing will always exist at CC Speedway, especially when the high point drivers have to start in the back week in and week out.

another note if u want more side by side racing then move the walls back like they used to be, coming out of 4 and parts of the backstretch were moved in, when they changed the pits from turn1 to turn 4.

Guest The_Greek
More people= Thunder Cars= low start up costs= more teams= more family and friends buy tickets= largest car counts,smallest purse= more money for improvements=cars can run on any surface=cars that do the least damage to surface and walls. Most needed items at CC Motor Speedway? More Thunder Cars. Anybody can race a Thunder Car no matter skill,talent or financial level.Thats how you fill the stands. :huh::o:D

GB, we can always start another thread about how to fill the stands, this thread was about the racing surface at the ole Bullring.

i believe someone affiliated with the track whether its a driver, a crew member, track official, a fan or maybe even yourself has got to have some ties with an asphalt company. maybe a plan can be devised for some sponsorship and some new asphalt.

Guest The_Greek
The track surface is fine for another year or 2. The key is car and fan count and unfortunately we didn't have either this year. The track has to make good money in a season to spend the hundreds of thousands of dollars to re-pave. So Greek we need to do our part next year by being there every week and bring new people. That goes for everyone we have to save our track before we have no track.

i disagree that the racing surface is "fine" for another year or 2.

i do agree that as race fans "WE ALL SHOULD" try and help bring in more fans to the track, i for one have introduced alot of people to racing here locally throughout the years, and i can tell you i see alot of them there on a regular basis, i think most people forget that CCMS can be a family atmosphere, i alway encourage people to bring there kids.

i also believe that CCMS should add one more class to the racing program, either a SS/LM or a Modified class, i would lean towards the Mod class, knowing that they're plenty of mods in the area. but either should work well. and last but not least the track should always be trying to increase their local car counts.

I dont know how much this would cost, but me and dad were talking today and he said it would not be a bad idea to pave the infield. Then the track could be used for more events. Like figur eight races, gocarts, drifting, or even have a small road course for 4 cylinder cars or even a wet track. This weekend at CCMS the fans got what they wanted to see, a show. Times are changing, mabey there sould be more night of destructions. neon will

This weekend at CCMS the fans got what they wanted to see, a show. Times are changing, mabey there sould be more night of destructions. neon will

Yes, great job everyone at CCMS. If you did not go...it was a full house.

The stands were packed and I do believe that the crowd got to see one hell of a show.

As far a the track surface...It may need some patch work or to be repaved. If not get some skinny tires to catch the grooves. Your car may drive like it is on rails. :D

Greek

The walls havn't been move since the pits were moved. The wall had been straightened out and leaned in in the corners to help keep the cars within the walls as they do make contact at times. The only part of the wall that was moved out is at the end of the front straight were pit road comes out. The wall was moved out about 18" to deflect the cars to help from hitting the section of wall coming off of pit road.

A new track surface would be awsome and extremely racey, and I don't think that it would become a one groove track, but a much tighter and faster track.

Archived