CC Race

Speedster41

Yes, there were some rookie mistakes on Friday and Saturday night. Unfortunately wether it's a minor mistake or what looks like a very stupid mistake the results are the same. They cause a wreck and knock somebody out of the race and it becomes a very disappointing night when you have a fast car and don't get to race for the win. I suppose if we didn't just accept their apology and hope they learn from their mistakes and become a better driver then we would all be hunting somebody out there instead of racing and having fun. I have seen some Nascar drivers make some of stupidist mistakes like Mark Martin pulling into the pits one lap early while leading the race under caution at Bristol. I think Mark even stated at the time "Boy that was the stupidist thing I've every done" I reackon a rookie should be allowed at least one stupid mistake afterall we were all rookies at one time. I was a rookie again just last week at my first Land Speed racing event. I was hoping not to embarrass myself and get that first race in but that's another story.

Racetrack14

Yes, there were some rookie mistakes on Friday and Saturday night. Unfortunately wether it's a minor mistake or what looks like a very stupid mistake the results are the same. They cause a wreck and knock somebody out of the race and it becomes a very disappointing night when you have a fast car and don't get to race for the win. I suppose if we didn't just accept their apology and hope they learn from their mistakes and become a better driver then we would all be hunting somebody out there instead of racing and having fun. I have seen some Nascar drivers make some of stupidist mistakes like Mark Martin pulling into the pits one lap early while leading the race under caution at Bristol. I think Mark even stated at the time "Boy that was the stupidist thing I've every done" I reackon a rookie should be allowed at least one stupid mistake afterall we were all rookies at one time. I was a rookie again just last week at my first Land Speed racing event. I was hoping not to embarrass myself and get that first race in but that's another story.

Racetrack14

Well said...

and if I remember correctly there was an accident caused the night before...oh I forgot...THAT incident was an accident...

Let's just all relax for the off season, drink some beer, and have some fun...

Even with the controversy, I enjoyed racing with all of you in the Texas Thunder Class...

I don't think anybody set out to take anybody out the other night. Lap cars are always in the way at CC. I am sure Carl didn't set out to take out EJ so Will could win. But, whatever happened between them happened and it sucks for both of them. I don't know the full story. I feel sorry for EJ, because he had a good car. Mpower10

hey neon will i heard that shark boy bought that car from u so he could go out there and do that kinda stuff

screamin20, I dont even know how to responed to what you just said. I did not sell that car to use as a tool of destruction, I sold it for the money. I have never deliberatly taken anyone out, I will wreck my car first rather that another car. You can ask the fans in the stands, the staff at the track, and other racers. I am about as clean of a driver as it gets. The incident that happen was very bad and I am glad the EJ is not hurt. I do want to say that the shark man and todd are very good friends, and neighbors. Todd went in the wall with EJ, Todd was very displeased with the shark man and he let him know. The shark man left the track immediately. Todd was taken out of contention for the win with a broken streering rack or somthing. I then raced Timmy for the win, but his motor blew. Had that motor not blown would I have won? I think so but that is only the racer in me talking. I have offered to help fix the 6 car. screamin20, please message or call me personally. Will

First I would like to say Im sorry I missed your race weekend and very sorry to EJ to have lost a great car.The common denomoter is the race track itself,being a tight track that is very fast.The second thing is the fact that Texas Thunder Cars are a place that welcomes new drivers and teams and each new driver has a learning curve that sometimes can cause unpleasant circumstances.I feel that its the experienced drivers duty to try and teach the inexperienced drivers how to race with the groupe and do it safely.I dont believe anyone comes to the track to cause harm to another driver,if he did we would tar and feather him and run him off,because hurting one person hurts us all.When one person makes a mistake it sometimes involves many drivers and usually the one that pays is innocent.I dont think Sharky meant to cause a chain reaction wreck no more than Tim wanted to knock Will out of Fridays race or Todd when he drove me into the wall last year or even Ronald when he drove my brand new car into the flagstand.Last years 2 terrible crashes with me and the 50 car were just racing accidents,chain reaction deals that I paid for and was not involved in starting.When I totalled the Rabbit,it was totally my fault for making an impatient move to pass 2 lap cars with Todd all over the back of me.This is very diffucult racing with all the different speeds and talent levels and thats what makes our class special.Our new drivers and lap cars are important to us as part of the show.I dont anyone to quit.They will improve or fade away on their own.I remember Timmy cursing me out 2 years ago in the pit stands not knowing my camera was a couple of steps above him.We got a kick out of him calling me #@$%* OLD MAN.Now he has matured to a competitive driver and so will the others who stick with it.Bobby was an awsom racer but couldnt get the attitude thing going and now he is gone.Racing lost something special there.All Im saying is there is no ME in WE.We are not in the racing business,we are in the SHOW business.Lets keep our show the best.EJ,when you build your new car,you might consider having a crush zone in the front and rear where on a hard crash the crumple zone will absorb the energy and the main structure will stay intact.The Rabbit was like that and is repairable,it was just quicker to transfer componets than rebuild the nose.None of my business,just thought it might help. OLD MAN 77

I sent them to Nick to post, maybe he did not get them, I will try again.

Never got them Owen. Try again.

Nick Holt

Thanks for resending the results, Owen. They are now posted in the Results section

Nick Holt

Archived