True Stock Car Racing

KahneFan

Just a few questions for those who believe NASCAR and the like isn't true "stock" car racing (which it of course is not)...

1) What 3 or 4 (or more) cars (off the showroom) could fairly compete on a big track? The reason I say a big track is because I think slower cars could find away to bang their way through a smaller track.

2) Do you think, after meeting safety requirements, there would be people who would create and drive such cars?

3) Do you think more people would prefer to see a true Eclipse, Stang, Vette, Viper, Ferrari, Lamborghini or... out on a track as apposed to a NASCAR car?

I agree with you, stock car racing has always been good old stock car racing. The type of car that a family would have in the driveway. If we had any of those other cars then I guess it would be sports car racing. And stock cars put on a real good show on the road courses by the way.

To see real Stock Car Racing,one needs to look no further than CC Motor Speedway.4 classes and all are close to showroom stock with the small modifications being the differentiating factor.Street tires takes out the performance aids that can mask a drivers ability.Its not about speed,but rather about skill.This racing is more like the "Good Old Days " of racing that made heros out of people like Petty,Allison, Yarbough, Waldrep and the like because of their driving skills and determanition.In Nascar,its all about the car.At CC its all about the driver.None of the cars really handle like a real race car on big slicks which can hide defencies in car and driver so to win you have to drive like you were riding a really mad bull in a rodeo.This is stock car racing from the 60s and anyone old enough remembers how exciting those days were.I really love to watch a hotly contested Super Street or Street Stock race and even the Bomer Stocks as they battle for all there worth.I am amazed how fast the 4 cyl cars are slipping and sliding all over and still goind 3 and 4 wide on a track some say you cant pass on.When my race is over Im exausted and drenched in sweat as are most everyone else.And,if we put stock suspension settings,lites and a horn,we could get an inspection sticker and redgestration and drive these cars to work.I would love to see some of the Nascar drivers try their skill against our guys.Only a few could do it successfully.I have great respect for every driver and team who climbs into the " BULLRING "knowing they risk everything everytime.I applaude CC Motor Speedway for having the insite to know what makes racing exciting without breaking the bank.And I think every driver there knows what THE WALL tastes like and respects it.Real Stock Cars?Real Drivers?CC Motor Speedway without a doubt. :)

I would love to see some of the Nascar drivers try their skill against our guys.Only a few could do it successfully.

Whoooaaahh, Nellie. Now, now, let's settle down there thumper. I know we're all pretty excited about getting to race a real race car, but let's not let our 8 cylinder keyboard overtake our 4 cylinder a$$. ;)

Thumper: I've got to agree with you. When I was racing the legacy's a couple of years back, CC Speedway was the only track, out of the four that we would go to, that I would hurry out of my car at the end of my race just to get up into the stands to watch your local classes. Great racing, every time.

I would love to see some of the Nascar drivers try their skill against our guys.Only a few could do it successfully.

Whoooaaahh, Nellie. Now, now, let's settle down there thumper. I know we're all pretty excited about getting to race a real race car, but let's not let our 8 cylinder keyboard overtake our 4 cylinder a$$. ;)

"but let's not let our 8 cylinder keyboard overtake our 4 cylinder a$$. ;) " :lol::lol::lol::lol: check mate

Just seen again that a 4 cyl car can start 19 th and win without crashing at the Bullring.I see on other posts that some V8 cars cant race an invert race at all.Dont know why,could be that V8s make more exaust.The proof is in the pudding and the test is in the testies. THUMPER

Just a few questions for those who believe NASCAR and the like isn't true "stock" car racing (which it of course is not)...

1) What 3 or 4 (or more) cars (off the showroom) could fairly compete on a big track? The reason I say a big track is because I think slower cars could find away to bang their way through a smaller track.

2) Do you think, after meeting safety requirements, there would be people who would create and drive such cars?

3) Do you think more people would prefer to see a true Eclipse, Stang, Vette, Viper, Ferrari, Lamborghini or... out on a track as apposed to a NASCAR car?

Everyone's class is the best! So, before this becomes a "mine is better than yours", the original question again....

I don't know if there are any cars off the showroom right now that would be good, could possibly a mustang

or dodge charger be good? I think the way it is going all race cars are going to be "Late Model" type cars, maybe just different levels of engines. Even 4 cylinders. I think we have to run out of camaros and Monte Carlos pretty soon.

I don't know if there are any cars off the showroom right now that would be good, could possibly a mustang

or dodge charger be good? I think the way it is going all race cars are going to be "Late Model" type cars, maybe just different levels of engines. Even 4 cylinders. I think we have to run out of camaros and Monte Carlos pretty soon.

You may run out of full bodies... but replacement panels are bountiful :D

Just seen again that a 4 cyl car can start 19 th and win without crashing at the Bullring.I see on other posts that some V8 cars cant race an invert race at all.Dont know why,could be that V8s make more exaust.The proof is in the pudding and the test is in the testies. THUMPER

They don't make more exaust, they're just a whole lot faster!

Archived