I-37 Speedway Returns to Racing

I37-Speedway

The Turkey Shootout will be held on November 25th and 26th, 2005.

Classes will be:

Modifieds - $2,000 to win, $200 to start

Limited Late Models - $800 to win, $50 to start

Pure Stocks - $500 to win, $50 to start

We will be posting information about this race on www.i37speedway.com in the coming days.

Thanks

The Turkey Shootout will be held on November 25th and 26th, 2005.

Classes will be:

Modifieds - $2,000 to win, $200 to start

Limited Late Models - $800 to win, $50 to start

Pure Stocks - $500 to win, $50 to start

We will be posting information about this race on www.i37speedway.com in the coming days.

Thanks

I was talking to I-37 Promoter Joe Horne on Thursday nite at SAS and he said he would not be promoting the Turkey Shootout this year.

Is there some new development that we don't know about?

Nick Holt

Apology to Joe Horne and Frank, did not mean to publish anything on this race before they put out their statement. Just was not sure when they would post or if they would post and we needed to get information on this race out to the public.

Thanks for all you have done over the last couple of years Joe and Frank, we hope to see you both at the races.

I37 Speedway

just would like to know why you would [edited out by Nick Holt. 10/11/05] can a class like the sportmods .

thay had 19 last year and could have doubled this year alot ask me about this turkey trot race from the valley and edna.

just wondering D. Boggs

James, the purse is quaranteed, we will payout what we advertise as a payout. I have yet to be involved in a race where I did not make the payout.

As for the limited modifieds I am probably going to add them to the show with a good payout, just trying to iron out some details around them. It is an after thought because during the regular season I37 only had 3 cars on a regular basis.

Owen Pittman

We are going to add the limited modifieds to the schedule for the Turkey Shootout. It will pay $1000 to win $75 to start.

I apologize to all the other classes we could not have in this event. We are running 4 classes already and that will keep us plenty busy. The pure stocks and limited late models will run all qualifying races on Friday night and Main events only on Saturday, pending car count the modifieds and limited modifieds will run qualifying races on Friday and Saturday plus the mains on Saturday.

Thanks to everyone for the support hope to see you all at the races.

Owen Pittman

Any rule changes that any of the classes should know about? Are the rules those of the 2005 season of I-37 or are the rules those of the 2005 CCMS season? Only reason I ask is I've heard(not sure if this is the case) that I-37's purestock class would be CCMS bomber class. If changes need to be made to some of the cars[/u], some of the drivers would like to know prior to a week or two before the race.

Thanks for your time and cooperation in this matter.

missmindy29

I need to get a copy of the rules for the pure stock.

I am putting one together for this race and have a very short period of time to get it done.

I went to the site, www.i37speedway.com and the link for the rules was not active.

Can anyone please provide the rules as soon as possible.

Thanks

I will post the rules as soon as I have them ready, there will not be many if any changes. The CCMS rules will have nothing to do with the I-37 rules. The rules will not be made to where the I-37 racers have to spend money and time changing their cars to compete. I hope this helps. Thanks for your patience.

Limiteds Modifieds will run the IMCA Southern Sports Mod rules for 2005.

The Modifieds will run IMCA rules with exceptions such as roller cams allowed, any roof, wheels need not be stickered, weight 2350, Aluminum heads OK with 25 lbs ahead of motor plate, rear mount pumps OK, 5" spoiler OK, bret's and Brinn's OK, no claim.

I was wondering if there is going to be a practice day before race day for this turkey run race. I would like to suggest that we do have one. I have a rookie car that needs tested.

Perhaps Saturday the 19th or Wed the 23rd?

Sorry if this will mess up you plans to go to grandma's house, but I would rather be at a track than being bored at an inlaws house or even at home watching football listening to my arteries clog up. :)

To sum up.

Track time before the event would be much needed and greatly appreciated.

By signing above the driver agrees to abide by the rules set forth by I 37 Speedway. I 37 Speedway or its officials will assume no responsibility for injuries, loss of life, or monetary damages as a result of competing in the  Turkey Shootout . The above signed person waives his / her right to sue I 37 Speedway for injuries, death, or any damages. I 37 Speedway is not responsible for any items or property that is lost, stolen, or damaged while at the track.

Posted purses are pending 20 cars per class "except the Modifieds". If Less than 20 cars show up the purse will be adjusted fairly.

Quote taken from your entry form at the bottom of it

Just a question I plan on Racing at the Turkey Race But By the sound of this I am taking it that you will not be Insured for this race?

Also what will be the pay out in Limited Late Models if less than 20 Cars. Would like to see a full run of the purse.

I Just want to know what to expect before coming to race.

If you read the quote it says you cant take action against the speedway, does not say anything about taking action against our insurance company. ;)

I can guarantee, there is insurance and I will be happy to show the policy to anyone interested. The policy is with The Commercial Risk Group the same company that handles CC Motor Speedway. The disclaimer is the same on every entry for CCMS as well. It is also in the rules for all CCMS classes and general rules. I will post the payout for less than 20 cars. I don't have the pay out in front of me but will be happy to post it.

Hope this helps.

Just a question. Can a one driver run the heats/qualify, and another drive the feature race in the same car? Would be perfectly content paying for two drivers fees for the same car. If not, like someone else ask earlier, could we get a practice day? Have a realitivly new car to the track, and a driver who has only raced twice... would like to have some practice time, and allow a accomplished driver to run the car, and check it out prior to running a race.

missmindy29

Is there anyone left at I37 to decide about practice?

Who would make that decision? Who would we have to convince that this would be a good idea? However, a practice on a Saturday would be most useful.

Has there been an official announcement on who the promoter/track management is?

I don't recall seeing anything on this and all I hear is a bunch of rumors.

Owen, are you just running this turkey roast race and that is it?

Bunch of questions, sorry.

Archived