Oktoberfast (Friday)

Guest bigfat

Guest bigfat

Congratulations to Kieth, Mona, Steve and Robert. Yall did one hell of a job out there. Late model lap record was broken by Mr. Barker with a slick 19.53. Sportsman lap record was broken twice, first by Mr. Hurley (DQed for a weight problem) and then that time was beaten by Mr. Oates ( The old one ) with a torching 21.17, Not positive on the times, if someone would like to chime in. hugungous (not sure if that's a word, means extremely large) props to Mr. Osbourne in the Road Runner Class. Starts in the back and over takes the field one by one to take the checkered. Keith Garrett led from start to finish in the Sportsman Class. What is that? 3 straight Sportsman feature wins in a row and 4 out of the last 5. Kick ass my man.

Almost congrats to the 17 car from Corpus, didn't get his name. 10 pounds cost him a second place finish. Big ups to the THR SS guys. Yall represented well. David Hassinger set the fast lap time for the SSs from THR with a 21.61. Which was good for 4th fastest qualifying time, if I'm not mistaken. Outstanding job. You had some bad luck with mechanical problems in the feature. Woulda been top 5 easy.

Good job Tator. You ran one hell of a race. Finished 4th after being sent to the back for a solo spin trying to get around Keith for the lead with 4 "stinking" ( that's for you Nick. good to meet you.) laps to go.

Mickey. Good job on your finish. Not sure where you were. 8th or 9th???

Keith Garrett will get an additional $500 if he can take the Spectacular. Good luck.

Thanks for the almost congrats on 2nd place. I don't know where the 10 lbs went. I was ok early, and when i went over the old scales I was 5 lbs over but then they wanted us on the new scales and I was 10 lbs light. The rules are the rules. I don't think Tator spun on his own, the #3 was laying down oil for 6 or 7 laps, I think that is what caused Tator to spin. Congrats to Keith he did a great job, and thanks to Jason for driving me clean those last couple of laps.

Edited by poorboy

Poorboy, you drove a good race. What ever happened to the 1% for fuel loss rule!!!!!!Was a good showing by all the CC guys. THR had a good showing too, if it weren't for some bad luck. Wasn't a runaway like some thought it might be, thanks to the 33 having to start from the back and the 0 taking the challenge. Any word on the #9 driver, he spanked the wall pretty hard with the driver side.

Flyin34... Robert Stewart was the #10 that got the wall.. haven't got a chance to talk to him.. but understand he made it to the track saturday night... #9 was the axle over the wall... got it back about 15 feet from the cross road back behind t 1 & 2... the rearend of the car will need a frame machine.. :unsure::(

Wasn't a runaway like some thought it might be, thanks to the 33 having to start from the back and the 0 taking the challenge.

True that, looks like the out-of-town cars at least had a fighting chance. Do I read this right? Did the 0 car start at the rear of the pack?

ss99,

The 0, Jason Oates, Took a $500(Nick back me up) dare to start tail end. He was fast but had a hard time movin by the other cars and got caught up in a few accidents. There was some good racing inbetween wrecks. Congrats to Keith he was on a rail.

I wonder if Justin would have got the job done! j/k Jason

That's right, that's right....... the 9's tire went about 500 stories up in the air, that was a sight to see. The 10 smacked the wall square with the drivers side. Talk about a loud boom when he hit. I knew he was gonna at least hear a few birdies. Glad to hear he is ok. I thought the deal with the 0 and the 33 and the 92 also since he started last was $250 or $10 for everyone position they gained.

I just want to say a big "Thank you" to Milton Hope and Terry Dickerson.

It is very obvious that they want the show to keep moving with very minimal down time. When the inevitable does happen TD & Milton jump right in doing a great job buying time for clean up and medical.

They both did a hell-of-a-job on Saturday Night. I for one hope you 2 guys are still together next year and a long time there after.

*Excellent Entertainment Value*

Thanks again,

Mel