FRIDAY NITE DRAGS/busy week ahead

ProTree

with the start of 8 races in the next 10 days and to kick off on a friday nite and to have 130+ cars to show for street/grudge racing and the alamo performance jackpot race-and the car count is suppose to grow this weekend for the last Pro Summer Points Race and IH10 Series Championship, then Sunday Snap-On Day at the Races, then next week with WhoopASS Wed and the IHRA Division 4 Track Championship Team Finals starting thurday and going till next sunday -all i got to say is DAMN, ITS GOING TO BE A FUN and BUSY WEEK AHEAD

see you down there ron,and please dont forget the palm tree-i'm heading down today for test and tune starting at 6:30pm then back at it at 8am fri morning for an all weekend , day and nite gig till sunday when its over-i'm booked at holiday inn,hope i get to see it-lol

Good job this weekend Ron-you went some rounds and got some wins with a Tough crowd-Good talking to you and the family during the rain delay and tell the wife when she's ready to start her Drag Racing,I'll work with her and have her cutting the tree down in no time.We can start her out in the truck till you get her car finished to get her used to a routine and staging if you want,I already have another gal doing that on wed nites and runs in our "whoop ass race" to get a feel for bracket racing and her race car is almost ready so the only difference for her will be going a little quicker and faster since she already got the rest of it down now.

havent moved much today ron, except doing some stretching excercises-saturday was the killer,standing on the line working the tree for 17 1/2 hours straight then getting 4 hours of sleep and going another 8 straight hours on sunday.That was a long time to stand and stay focused on the situation at hand with all the cars that were racing.Made a few racers unhappy,but,just doing my job, protecting their hide and a situation from turning bad.Some came later and thanked me once they realized what could of happened.There was a few i thought i was going to go down the track with when something let loose and the tree was coming down,not much time to think about it,gotta stop em, and did.Guess the man upstairs was on my side when that badass camaro started his burnout and started spewing water and i jumped out in the lane to stop him and here he come balls to the wall,burning the tires up and the balancer and pulleys came flying off.The parts bounced off the wall and landed at my feet spinning like a top.All i could say was"thank you lord"

Hope you are resting up, you did a great job as always.

You know as well as I do that once you fire the car up racing is like a drug, you don't want anybody in your way of getting it on the track. Show 'em a few pictures of the Bruce Allen encounter and they will thank you for not letting them go with belts off, PS fluid spraying the engine compartment... blah blah blah.

Having to drink a cold one and chill out is a lot better than picking up your car with a shovel or killing the other guy!

My last pass was with RED that would not have been happy if he closed on me at 150MPH and I got loose and in his lane at the line. You see something wrong with one of my cars and I will hop out and help push!

Get some rest before tonight! - ron

Archived