OctoberFAST SAS LM Rules

Pacecar

Larry: I appreciate your comments and did not misunderstand your intentions at all. In that same spirit, from my prespective, the rules that SAS LM and TSRS ran under in the Twin 50's seemed, from a results standpoint, to favor the SAS rules car. How much of that is attributable to home track advantage vs. actual inequalities would make for an excellent discussion but the results speak for themselves. My guess is that the finishing order from those 5 races had something to do with the decided upon rules for the Oktoberfast event. jp

Larry: I appreciate your comments and did not misunderstand your intentions at all. In that same spirit, from my prespective, the rules that SAS LM and TSRS ran under in the Twin 50's seemed, from a results standpoint, to favor the SAS rules car. How much of that is attributable to home track advantage vs. actual inequalities would make for an excellent discussion but the results speak for themselves. My guess is that the finishing order from those 5 races had something to do with the decided upon rules for the Oktoberfast event. jp

JP,

The common post-season rules were a product of a joint collaboration of decision-makers folks from THR, SAS, USRA and TSRS with input from CCMS. If the rules favor one car over another it was not intentional. There will always be perceptions that a particular set of rules favors one sort of car or another no matter how noble the intentions of the rules makers.

At least the tracks and touring series are headed towards common ground rather than trying to cut each other's throat with rules that make it impossible or very difficult to race at other venues.

Nick Holt

Instead of worrying about all the different rules, why cant the rules be simple for all classes. Give each class a specific tire. Whatever motor they decide to run let them. There will be no tech so someone couldnt say someone else was cheating. One would only have to worry about the weight of the cars instead of whats inside of the motor.

Archived