Hurrican victims

racegirl

As we all know Hurricane Rita affected the areas east of Houston. What I am asking for is help for a victim of hurricane rita, she is a miniature daschund. My mom works for an insurance company and is on mobile catastrophe, today a lady came to her in tears crying about a small dog that had little hope. In the midst of darkness one of their children seems to have set something on, stepped on or sat on their miniature daschund, Sadie. My mom called me and I drove 92 miles to pick poor Sadie up and take her to a vet in Baytown, which is the nearest city with power. Beloved Sadie has a slipt disc in her back and in paralyzed right now. Her family is down on their luck, both being out of a job and now hit by a hurricane. The vet said there were three options, pain therapy with a 20% chance of some recovery, surgery, or euthanasia. If any of you know me, you know that I CAN NOT put a dog to sleep. I have paid for pain therapy for 24 hours, the vet says if there is no improvement within 24 hours, then surgery is her last hope. I am asking my fellow race fans to help me with Sadie. I hope that you will open up your hearts to her as I have, in my world animals are my children. If you can help please contact me at (512) 689-8785. The surgery is going to cost $2500.

May God Bless Everyone

and please keep Sadie and all the Hurricane victims in your prayers (people or pets)

Amanda Neer

Teresa, I could have kept her at the vet, but her pain was so bad that if the surgery wasn't done within a certain time spain, it wouldn't have worked anyway. I called all the surgeons in the Houston, and Austin area even A&M, none were willing to work with me. I found a clinic in austin that the administrator was going to see if his Dr. would do it at a reduced cost, or a payment plan for collection, the Dr. however said she had been doing too much to the hurricane victims "and was at the end of her rope". I can understand where she was coming from but she could have worded it differently. My vet felt that even with the surgery Sadie would not have ever fully recovered and would be in pain the rest of her life. I did pay for pain management to see if there was any improvement and there was not. My vet felt it was in Sadies best intrest to end her suffering. Mom and I have cried ever since we met Sadie and her family. It has been hard as we are HUGE animal lovers. Sometimes I think I like animals more than people :) Thank you though! I ask that everyone pray for the families involved in Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, as the families have a long road ahead of them. Lucky I only have trees in my yard. Maybe we can take a collection, in Sadies name, to donate to the Humane Society that is taking in Hurricane animals. The Houston Humane Society is taking in animals found during the hurricanes. Thank you

Amanda Neer

ANIMAL LOVER!!!