We need at least 3 USRA Super Late....

HORSEPOWER

Are any USRA drivers going to race in the World Cup? It would be nice to see some of our own represent. I guess if any are, they will have a pretty busy schedule, since all these year-end races are coming up. I think Greg Davidson qualified 4th or 5th last year on 7 cylinders. It is sanctioned by the CRA Series and the race is shorter and the pay-out is less, but it should be a good weekend of racing. I know we have our own thing going on here in Texas with NASCAR coming to town, so maybe none of our guys will show up, if they get a ride at Thunder Hill.

http://www.craracing.net/news/sept2005/i7091405.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hey does anyone know how bad Matt Merrell's car was damaged after his accident. Didn't make my way down to the pits, had to get going after that race. They still ran locals after that race. He was the lone Texan, is that true it's his second time in late model race. He started on the pole, was seventh quickest with a 16.4, mighty fast. I think he dropped back a bit at the start, but moved up back to second and was challenging for the lead, then it seemed like he dropped off the pace, I think maybe he was getting a flat. He then got caught up behind a slow car and when he went on the outside to pass him, the guy behind him ran into him, that's a shame he was kicking butt, a lot of torn up cars. I think the winner set fast time in a sealed motor. Let's see if he makes Oktoberfast, good job though representing.

Thanks for the support and making the trip to Missouri. Unfortunately Matt's car was TOTALLED. I mean done. Not much you can do when you hit the wall at 125-130 mph. Yes it was trully only his second time in a super late model race. Lots of credit goes to Chris Saathoff his crew chief. Plans are now to have something ready for Snowball. Come by and introduce yourself Friday or Saturday in SA. My name is Wes Whitley.

Archived