Frank Torres Statement

NeilTPS

Frank Torres Statement on I-37 Speedway

Note: Frank Torres posted the following statement on the I-37 Speedway web site on Tuesday, September 6.

FIRST I want to thank all the racers , owners, sponsors, fans and Mr. Joe Horne. Its been two years at I-37 with ups and downs. I met a lot of GREAT people! I want to thank Mr.Horne for getting involved when it (the track)was going to close. For letting me run with the ball and all his trust.

I know he has been working hard to extend (the lease) for two more years and made a fair offer, however, perhaps it (track operations) can be done better by the owners. I am happy that they say it (I-37 Speedway) will open next year.

I had said that we would finish in September, but I feel that car count would drop off to the point that we don't put on great races for paying spectators and this is something that we have always worked hard at.

Perhaps something will change in the near future, but probably, I feel the 2005 season is over. Our champions were named this past Friday. I thank ALL for the great support you showed us. There are to many to name, but THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Thank you Mr. Horne for what you did for the racers and the shows you let us have.

Frank Torres

I-37 Speedway

General Manager 2004 & 2005

Archived