THR Lap Times

shorttrack29

The following are what I consider to be good lap times in the other three classes. Keep in mind that you can win a race running slower than this:

Hobbies: High 17s (17.60-17.90)

Streets: High 16s (16.60-16.90)

Late Models: High 15s, but lately only one car has been under 16, so low 16s. (15.90-16.30)

cs

You guys are killing me - or making my head grow larger, not sure which.

Actually, I thought this would be the year that we would break our old track record. We broke it unofficially during the first practice session and haven't been close since! Isn't that the way it always works. :(

16.20 - now that would be a fast street stock! :lol:

cs

How are the Thursday practices at THR run? Is it an open track for everybody in a certain class to practice together during certain times, or do you have the track to yourself for a certain amount of time? How many people typically show up for practice sessions, and how late do they last?

thanks in advance!

The practices run from 4:00 until just before dark. There usually won't be very many cars there unless a ROMCO race is coming up the following Sat. The racers there on Thursdays usually sort of govern themselves as far as track access goes. For example, if you have a few legends, a few pro sedans, and a few full size cars, those cars will only run with like cars.

Basically, if you pull onto the track entrance road, you can see who is on the track at that time and decide for yourself if you want to go on then or wait. If a car much smaller than yours is on the track, you'll wait. If the cars are the same size as yours but there are more than just a few, you can wait until they are done to go out.

The short of this is that there are usually no more than about 3 cars on the track at a time on Thursdays, and it's common to see a car have the whole track to himself.

cs

Archived