jr to field busch car in 06

thrss1

not a big deal but go to nascar.com and look at the picture of the car. check out the style of number on the car. 99% of weekend cars have better looking numbers than that.

The reason for the style of the numbers is they replicate the markings on some Navy (and Air Force) aircraft.

Military fighters have used the block style with 45 or 60 degree cuts in the corners like you see in the picture.

Jr's numbers appear to pay homage to the basic functional markings of the Military.

i know all about the military insignia i used to put them on marine corps FA18s for several years. i just dont think that styly number works especially when "NAVY" is all fancy. i am sure the style will change. i hope.

Guest bigfat

I think it would look a little better if the #s were in black like the Naval Vessels.

Damn Cheaters:

Wallace, Mayfield penalized 25 Busch Series points

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR announced Tuesday that three members of the No. 64 Busch Series team have been penalized for rule infractions found during opening day inspection on Aug. 19 at Michigan International Speedway.

Rusty Wallace, owner of the No. 64 Dodge, was penalized 25 championship owner points after being found in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used that do not conform to NASCAR rules) of the 2005 NASCAR Busch Series rule book due to an unapproved jacking bolt -- incorrect thread count.

Additionally, Jeremy Mayfield, driver of the No. 64 Dodge, was penalized 25 championship driver points for violating the same rules. Blake Bainbridge, crew chief for the No. 64 Dodge, was assessed a $10,000 fine as a result of the same infractions.

Also, two other NASCAR Busch Series crew chiefs were penalized following rule violations at Michigan found during opening day inspection.

Todd Gordon, crew chief of the No. 10 Ford driven by Brent Sherman, was fined $5,000 after violating Sections 12-4-A and 12-4-Q (unapproved intake manifold modification -- plenum too large).

Gene Allnutt, crew chief for the No. 26 Chevrolet driven by Kim Crosby, was fined $2,500 for violating 12-4-A and 12-4-CC (unapproved third gear transmission ratio).

Two interesting points about this new team. One is that he is doing it on his own, no DEI up till now. Also, he has approached Eury Sr.; but "Pops" hasn't given his answer... This is liable to get real interesting!!!!

Also interesting that Jr. talked about his Military Schooling...

Also found this interesting: "We just haven't found anything that has captured our heart the way Martin did,'' Jr. said. I've said, all along that Truex had made his Mark with DEI/Chance2...

Way to go Jr.

Archived