Legacy's at TWS

Chris Taylor

Imagine my surprise when I walk into registration Friday night to see Bob Riley! As it turns out, I would get to share the track this past weekend with John for the first time since we raced Quarter Midgets.

The lead group did extremely well for their first time on a road course... I think John and one other driver turned better laptimes in qualifying than I did. NASA, the organization putting the event on, gave SRX7's and Legacy's split starts (where the two groups are split into two packs and started ~30-45 seconds apart). The Legacy's caught the back of the SRX7 group towards the end of the race -- hope our backmarkers didn't mess up you guys' racing. I had two awesome drives from DFL to 8th Saturday and 7th Sunday.

Hopefully we'll see some of you guys at future NASA events!

Chris,

I had a blast and I know everyone else did also.

everyone involved with NASA TX are great people...

I can't wait until the next time....TONS of track time!!!!

Maybe some of the other drivers that did not make it this time will get pumped up for the next one.

Racing at TWS was great. I also hope that communicating our experience will bring more Allison cars to any future event.

The NASA staff was great and put on quite a weekend. Cliff and his team went out of their way to make us welcome and a part of their show. I can tell you we all thought of the weekend as a highlight of the year.

Racing the road course was like getting to take your stockcar on an amusment ride. 2.9 miles of lefts and rights and one heck of a straight stretch.

Every class had great racing to be seen. When we were not in the cars we were standing by the track watching some great racing and racers.

To the RX-7 drivers, thank you for letting us run with your class. You guys were great. ( and it should be known that while we were catching the trailing RX-7 racers, most of their field had to weave their way through a field of legacy cars to catch the win as well.)

Todd #20-Allison Legacy

Andersen Racing

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

I know that feeling, been awhile, but oh my gosh, great memories! When are you guys planning on returning there? Who is the contact person, we just might like to bring the Texas Super Racing Series Late Models there next season. B)

Todd,

It was great having the Legacys racing with us this past weekend, they put on a great race. I enjoyed meeting all of you and hope you will make this at least an annual event.

Mary Ann,

The TSRS is more than welcome to come and race with us. Send me a PM or email to get discussions started for next year. cwinkleman@hot.rr.com

Clifton Winkleman

NASA Texas Race Director

Clifton,

We are planning on adding TWS on our racing schedule for next year. As soon as you are able to forward the 2006 schedule, we will schedule our races around yours.

I can't believe we did not make it to the track before.. It was a real pleasure racing with NASA

Thanks again,

Tom Harwell

Thanks to all of the Legacy teams that came out and shame on all those that missed a great time. I'll try to make it out to one of your oval races by the end of the year, I hear you put on a good show there as well. We usually have the schedule set by the end of the year, so I'll keep in touch.

Archived