texas pro 4

cRt racing

well people thanks to all the cars and people that showed up we had 17 rwd's cars . we lost 1 to a wreck in time trails fast time was set by dishman in the number 2 car but he had problems on the frist lap and joey heniman toke the lead . fast time was in the high 15's for the first texas pro 4 race i thought it was a very good race and a very good turn out thanks to all the sponsers and lalo and corpus christi motor speedway for there suport and help putting this race on.

p.s. that was the first car and boat race i have seen it was something

thanks again people

steven :ph34r::ph34r:

i didnt race in the race just helped lalo out . i havent been in a car in 5 years , so i told rico who has the 29 car to let someone else run his car , sorry to say that was the car that crashed in time trails .so we have a lot of work to rebuild that car i feel sorry for mark its just bad luck to have a header break and have it fall into the stering he hit the wall hard but the wife and kids had a good time been a long time since we went to the races

well good luck people

steven

Steven,

That's what I heard also on the #29...about the headers. I, along with others went to go look and the headers are on the passenger side of the block...no way that we could see them getting tangled up in the steering...just glad no one got hurt. Car is pretty trashed though.

well i know he hit hard enough to break the bell housing on the transmission but looks like all the damage is in the front end and sub frame so its fixable 4 bolts and i little cutting and the sub is off . :D but it could of happened cause the header tube came off the car and if it fell into the rack . mark just said it wouldnt turn but like i told rico by the time your better from your operation well have the car back together

Would also Like to say Thanks to all the Pro 4 drivers for coming out and putting on a great show. Lalo and all the sponsors we appreciate your efforts. This was the 3rd largest crowd this season, hopefully we can keep all the people coming back for our weekly show.

Fast Time Jack Dishman 15.98 (Pro 4 Track Record)

Race Winner #26 Joey Heinaman

Margin of Victory 0.87 seconds

Top 6 on lead lap, 7th -10th one lap down.

13 cars still competing when checkered flag flew.

Results:

26 Joey Heinaman

21 Tim Gilpin

50 Gage Guevara

01 Eddy Orr

07 Mike ? (Started Scratch - Hard Charger)

30 Chip Harmon

47 Danny Blaker

24 Jimmy Castillo

25 Rocky Ables

22 Brandon Skinner

7 Jesse Sandoval Jr.

88 Nellie Kellie

1 Bryce Dishman

97 Mike Martinez

12 Bobby Smith

2 Jack Dishman

i just wanna add that the fords didnt run restrictor plates and didnt get the left side weight penalty.

and they still were'nt able to beat a fwd??????

YOU KNOW IT AINT ABOUT BEATING FWD OR RWD IT IS ALL ABOUT PUTTING PEOPLE IN THE STANDS AND THE PRO 4 DID JUST THAT. THIRD LARGEST CROWD OF THE WOW , DONT THINK THE PRO SEDANS HAD HAVE THE CROWD , BUT ANYWAY THANKS TO ALL THE SPONSORS AND CC MOTOR SPEEDWAY FOR THE OPPORTUNITY (STAY STUNED FOR MORE PRO 4 ACTION ) .

TOP24,

You are correct about putting fans in the stands, thats what every track needs to do but I don't think that just because the Pro 4's were there. I am not trying to demean the pro 4's but with the CCRA car show that day, with the Dwarf cars there promoting the nights events, I feel it fair to give everyone credit where it is due. The Pro 4's, CCRA, TDCA and CCMS and all the sponsors for the night and lets not forget the wacky boat race.

Keep up the good work EVERYONE!

Thanks. and have a Blessed day.

YOU ARE RIGHT ON THAT, IT TAKES THE HELP OF A LOT OF PEOPLE TO FILL THE THE STANDS .WE NEED TO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT OUR LOCAL TRACK. THE PRO 4 RACE WENT OUT AND DID ALOT OF PROMOTING ON THERE OWN ,WE WANT TO CONTINUE OUR SUPPORT OF CC MOTOR SPEEDWAY ,THANKS TO ALL THAT SUPPORT LOCAL RACING

I hope some of the Pro-4 cars come up to SAS this weekend to race with the TPS. The last time they were there was the most exciting TPS finish I have seen. Jesse Sandoval beat Bill LaBarge by 6 inches!! That is the type of racing that fans come back to see! Hope to see you guys there!

Lalo,

I mentioned it to Bill but with business the way it is and the rest of the TPS season yet to go, he just couldn't justify the expense..

That said, what about EJ on street tires! I heard he did a 16.4 in time trials, to run that good that boy must know something about setup!

I was somewhat surprised at the rest of the times. I understand you weren't running and knowledge of the track counts a lot but the #2 car was slower under the Pro4 rules than his TPS time (15.93 vs 15.98), same for Eddie Orr in the 01 car (16.88 vs 16.06, and he'll get a weight break next time under TPS for running an OEM head), . Joey Heinamen did well for only timing a 16.2, I'm glad to see he stuck with it instead of putting it on the trailer.

I'm looking forward to San Antonio and Kyle, (8/20, 8/27 respectively). You are in 4th, 3 points ahead of Jack Dishman and that's without dropping the lowest race (which hurts Sergio and Bill more than it hurts Donnie and you). I haven't done the math to figure where that puts everyone but I'll bet it closes everything up! Give EJ some slicks and get him up there, if he can do that well on street tires I'll bet he's got something for some of the TPS regulars!

Archived