Saftey

ups88john

It is unfortunate that somethin like this had to happen to open some eyes. Guys please make sure that you car/truck/anytning you race is safe. We had just put head restraints on the seat, may have saved johns life. I would like to see ARTS do more inspection on the saftey side, we found that a few bars in the drivers compartment didnt have padding on them, may have saved a broken bone. It was an oversight on our part, but I guarantee from now on, in any race car it will not happen again. We were just talking about leg boards for the seat and a Hans device. Hind site is 20 20, but hopefully everyone else will take a closer look at driver saftey. The window net rod broke in half, causing it to fall out, could of been a bad situation. The seat was bent all to heck and the tranny bend the floor pretty good. Thank god for drive shaft loops. Please make sure that your seat, seat belts, window net are in good shape, and all roll bars even close to the driver have padding, it dont weigh that much.

Big John

Big John,

Driver safety is ALWAYS up to the driver and his/her team. There is no way a sanctioning body or a track can be responsible for making the driver safe. I'm pleased that your team took safety measures BEFORE the wreck!

Nick Holt

John,

If you guys are looking for a Hans device or a Simpson restraint system, call Steve Foster at Buggy-warehouse. He has one of each barely used and would like to sell them. Don't know what he wants for them so give him a call.

Mel

big john,

i like your idea for the safty for the truck's becasce of the speeds these guy go on some of the tracks . and as for a sanctioning body to put somthing like these safty devices in the rules the drivers would have to get the safty things that are in the rules , as it is now they wear fire siuts that are better than the ones we wear at the local tracks plus they even have to wear a neck brace which are all in the rules

louis

Archived