ASA Austin Driver Casey Smith

Guest Justaracefan

Guest Justaracefan

Chuck: How did you find out Casey was sick and how is he doing? I noticed he was not at the race Saturday no practice times or qualifying times.

Hey "Just"...

We found out during the show on Saturday morning. We called Casey for our regular segment with him; his cousin answered the phone and told our producer/Crew Chief, Jacob, that Casey had been taken to the hospital and was sick. I will update everyone as soon as I know something, or I hope someone will update us if they find out something before I do.

Chuck

Hey artsfan,

Just got off the phone with Casey..

He said he got sick about 4 p.m. on Friday..he went to the hospital, then checked out.

Later that night, he went out and ate with his family, but got sick again, so he went back to the hotel and ended up at another hospital!

They took X-rays and diagnosed him, at first, with appendicitis. This was at 10 p.m on Friday night; he was strung up on IV's while all this is going on. Turns out, he had a high white-cell count; another doctor gave him some medicine and he started feelling better.

However, he was still weak on Sat. morning. He rested for a while, but as they drove to the race track for practice, he still wasn't feeling too good. So he decided right there not to race on Saturday night. However, he's feeling fine now.

Now, check out the MZone forum for some good news on Casey.

Archived