BBS Late Models

Wayne,

This is off topic, but I noticed the weight for the SS class is 3150 minimum on your website. I heard someone at practice yesterday say that it will actually be 3300. Would you please clarify which is correct.

Thanks,

Chase

Sorry for the delay in responding. I can't say that it is a definite NO! but at this time thats the answer. I will do what the car owner wants but heres the deal. The difference in the rules gives an immediate advantage to those that chose to run under the BadBoyz rules package. (carbs,clutches,weight ,etc.) If I chose to run BadBoyz,THR, and TSRS on a regular basis, then I am faced with numerous changes from Friday to Saturday if I want to seriously compete and take every advantage I can. That would include gear change, weight changes, springs, shocks, carb., clutch (if I were crazy :blink: ) and if I wrecked it friday night????????????????????, divorce court, etc. The tracks need to get together on the rules. TSRS and THR did. I know there are egos involved in racing, not only with drivers but track owners as well. If we don't all get together then all tracks and series will potentially suffer, or you can look at it from another point, if all get together on the same rules package then all tracks and series will benefit. You could chose to run at anytime without the worry of how your car fits the rules at a particular track or series. It doesn't seem like the differences are that major, but no one likes to leave anything on the table if he doesn't have too. Good Luck!

Archived